Junior Member

Location: Long Island, New York
Question Crawl Space Vapor Barrier

Can someone guide me on where I can purchase 6mil (or better) vinyl sheeting to place on my crawl space floor. The floor is DIRT. I assume I would 1- seal all the seams 2- go up the side foundation about 2 feet and seal that also. Thank you.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Crawl Space Vapor Barrier

Your approach is right. A true seamless vapor barrier, attached to the
sill.

Home Depot's website has 6 mil. Go there and search on the word mil.
Really. It's $47 for 10' x 100'. You can get black or clear, I think
you want clear.

Here's the awful url:

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...l.0& MID=9876

Posted to alt.home.repair

Actually, attached a few inches below the sill -- you must allow a region
for insect inspection in most locations.

Lowes and Menards is where I had gotten my 6 mill plastic -- I went with the
clear in 20x100 ft rolls. Over lap the seams by at least a foot.

see: http://www.advancedenergy.org/buildi.../crawl_spaces/

for a lot of good info from Advanced Energy.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Your approach is right. A true seamless vapor barrier, attached to the
sill.

Home Depot's website has 6 mil. Go there and search on the word mil.
Really. It's $47 for 10' x 100'. You can get black or clear, I think
you want clear.

Here's the awful url:

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...l.0& MID=9876

Vapor barrier? [email protected] Home Repair 11 May 21st 06 04:56 PM
Crawl Space Vapor Barrier Jason Home Repair 6 April 8th 06 04:17 PM
vapor barrier question with kraft faced batts and radiant barrier foil [email protected] Home Repair 3 December 4th 05 04:39 PM
vapor barrier effi Home Repair 4 September 24th 04 08:32 PM
Enclosed Unheated Porch - Crawl Space Question - Vapor Barrier - Rotting Wood New & Improved - N/F John Home Repair 4 December 16th 03 01:41 AM