Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Source for Ancient Pilotstat/Thermocouple in NYC

I have a 1930's vintage Fitzgibbons 400 Series hot water boiler with dual
Honeywell 10 Series controls and a V155 gas valve.

The boiler won't fire but the pilot light is lit and the thermostats are
calling for heat. I trouble shot the problem down to the pilotstat/thermocouple.
If I jumper it out of the circuit the boiler fires.

My plumber is out of town for the holiday, but I spoke with him by telephone.
To trouble shoot the problem any more will require disassembling part of
the firebox, so I'm going to leave that to the pros. My task is to hunt down
a source for parts.

Any suggestions of a shop that would carry replacement parts for these old
systems?

I'm planning on replacing the boiler in a year or so, so I don't want to
spend a lot to fix the problem.

Also, is there an easy replacement for the pilotstat system with a more modern
one that will work with my old mechanical gas valve?

Thanks,

Bernie

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bernie Hunt wrote:
[...]

eBay:
http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/Adv...?sofindtype=13

Type in "Pilotstat"

NOS, on the shelf

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim,

I saw those last night but they are marked "Wall Mounted". Would that mean
wall of the firebox or wall of the room? Mine sits on the bottom of the firebox
just behind the air vents.

Bernie

I have a 1930's vintage Fitzgibbons 400 Series hot water boiler with
dual Honeywell 10 Series controls and a V155 gas valve.

snip
Also, is there an easy replacement for the pilotstat system with a
more
modern one that will work with my old mechanical gas valve?
Thanks,

Bernie

eBay:
http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/Adv...?sofindtype=13
Type in "Pilotstat"

NOS, on the shelf

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bernie Hunt wrote:

Jim,

I saw those last night but they are marked "Wall Mounted". Would that
mean wall of the firebox or wall of the room? Mine sits on the bottom of
the firebox just behind the air vents.

Bernie

Actually, they can be mounted anywhere that the thermocouple
will reach. I would prefer a spot where the temps aren't too high.
Where you could hold your hand on it without burning.

Jim

trip to NYC turner fran Woodturning 4 June 14th 05 09:41 PM
woodworkers in NYC [email protected] Woodworking 0 June 8th 05 07:54 PM
Can NM cable be used in NYC ? zxcvbob Home Repair 0 June 8th 05 05:47 PM
Plumber in NYC? dgk Home Repair 5 December 27th 04 07:33 PM