Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dexpan didn't work

Dexpan didn't work on my 12' x 13' reinforced concrete slab. The
rectanular slab is exposed on two sides and against my house on two
sides. On the exposed sides, the slab is 2' thick, but most of it is 4
to 5 inches thick.

I hammer drilled 132 holes of varying depth; 20 inches in the 2' thick
portions, and 3.5 to 4.5 inches elsewhere. The holes are drill on 1
foot centers.

I used Dexpan III since it's in the forties Fahrenheit. I used a
drywall mud mixer and an electric drill to blend the water and powder.
The slurry had some air bubbles in it so I used a coat hanger to tamp
the mixture in the holes.

The temperature got down into the thirties last night, but not cold
enough to frost.

It's been almost a day since I poured the Dexpan, and there are no
cracks.

What do you recommend as a next step?

Thanks!

Jack

Posted to alt.home.repair

Update.

I talked to the Archer Company people and was told that Dexpan takes
longer to work in cold weather. It's been in the thirties and forties
Fahrenheit since I poured Dexpan yesterday.

It's starting to work! The first cracks have appeared.

Finally gonna get rid of that useless concrete slab.

Will this two work together JoeJoe UK diy 12 July 9th 06 11:16 PM
HALF HOUR WORK PAYED ME MORE THAN HALF A YEAR AT WORK!!! I'm still amused by confirmed pessimists!!! ллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллллл odermerk Home Repair 0 April 21st 06 04:41 PM
How does this work? Arthur UK diy 5 June 22nd 05 09:58 PM
For those who would like to see my work! Len Dye Woodworking 3 June 20th 05 07:23 AM
Electrical work - would inspector check previously done work? Himanshu Home Repair 4 January 23rd 05 07:04 PM