Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Replacing a smoke alarm

In our home there are 3 smoke alarms, all wired into the house wiring.
All are the same age (about 22 yrs). There's a high pitched noise
coming from one of them.

In a recent discussion, one guy told me to replace all of them, not
just the one. He said new ones aren't compatible with the new ones. I
didn't ask him what he meant about being compatible.

So, can anyone tell me what this means? Do I have to replace all 3?

Thanks,
Myrna

Smoke alarm goes off when it's cold (?) Roger Home Repair 26 February 2nd 19 01:09 AM
Smoke Alarm Problems Robert11 Home Repair 1 July 31st 06 11:59 PM
Mains Smoke Alarm thankyousam UK diy 17 June 6th 06 04:53 PM
faulty smoke alarm nigmyk UK diy 9 April 12th 06 08:00 AM
How (and when) to dispose of a smoke alarm? D.M. Procida UK diy 16 August 2nd 05 04:50 PM