Posted to alt.home.repair
RB RB is offline

Default where do i find stainless staples?

Got a Stanley TRE 300 electric stapler. I want to staple some carpet
pieces to the wood bunks on my boat trailer. Because of salt water
immersion, stainless steel staples are needed.

I've just been told Stanley has quit making this stapler and staples for it.

Stainless steel staples are not available at our local Home Depot and Lowes.

Where can I find a selection of stainless staples that will fit this gun?
I've tried Google, but couldn't find Stainless ones.

Posted to alt.home.repair
cm cm is offline

You can also "monel" staples that are available at some HD's They will last
longer than stainless. You might need to borrow an Arrow brand gun

cm

"RB" wrote in message
Got a Stanley TRE 300 electric stapler. I want to staple some carpet
pieces to the wood bunks on my boat trailer. Because of salt water
immersion, stainless steel staples are needed.

I've just been told Stanley has quit making this stapler and staples for
it.

Stainless steel staples are not available at our local Home Depot and
Lowes.

Where can I find a selection of stainless staples that will fit this gun?
I've tried Google, but couldn't find Stainless ones.

Posted to alt.home.repair

RB writes:

Stainless steel staples are not available at our local Home Depot and
Lowes.

(1) Get an Arrow stapler and Monel staples from there.

(2) Get a 1/4" crown air stapler (cheap ones at Harbor Freight if you only
have a few jobs) and stainless 316 staples from a builder's supply. That
ammo is pricey, though!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 11:52:29 -0600, "RB"
wrote:

Got a Stanley TRE 300 electric stapler. I want to staple some carpet
pieces to the wood bunks on my boat trailer. Because of salt water
immersion, stainless steel staples are needed.

I've just been told Stanley has quit making this stapler and staples for it.

Stainless steel staples are not available at our local Home Depot and Lowes.

Where can I find a selection of stainless staples that will fit this gun?
I've tried Google, but couldn't find Stainless ones.

I found that home depot does sell SS staples, in the tool section.
Strangely enough with the other staples. I warn you, they are
expensive compared to the other staples.

Good luck,

tom @ www.WorkAtHomePlans.com