Posted to alt.home.repair

Default question on connecting gas flex hose to interior of oven

I have an old Kenmore wall oven where the aluminum line that runs from
the regulator to the outside of the oven for the gas hookup got
crushed. The pipe/fittings are obsolete and I can't seem to locate
another. In its place I hooked the gas line flex hose directly to the
regulator using a FIP to flare adapter inbetween.

The flex hose only runs maybe 3-4 inches along the bottom of the
interior of the oven and I don't believe it's an area that becomes
particularly hot, since there is an internal electrical outlet right
near it that the plastic oven power line plugs into.

It may not be to code, but is there any danger to hooking the flex
line up directly to the regulator?
Posted to alt.home.repair

HamNCheese wrote:
It may not be to code, but is there any danger to hooking the flex
line up directly to the regulator?

You have made an honest repair. Just make sure it doesn't leak.

Oven flex or cable PeterK UK diy 4 November 12th 06 09:23 AM
hose faucet question: hose bibbs versus sillcocks pat Home Repair 3 June 14th 04 01:19 PM
Micrwave oven - M8A fuse? Mike Tomlinson Electronics Repair 7 August 29th 03 07:00 PM
Microwave Oven Question barry martin Home Repair 4 July 30th 03 07:15 PM
Microwave Oven Question Ron Gould Home Repair 4 July 28th 03 09:51 PM