Junior Member

Default patching old bathroom tiles

Renovating a bathroom in a 1920's house, which had a 1970's re-do, I pulled off the paneling and found the original tile, 95% in good shape. Question is what to do about the small holes in the remaining 5% of the tiles. I'd like to fill them with some material that can be painted to match (as best as possible) the color of the tiles. Any suggestions on filler material and paint type?
Posted to alt.home.repair
Ken Ken is offline

--
tmefoy

I would attempt to replace the tiles. If it's a 1920's bathroom, you
probably have 3x6" white subway tiles. At least that's what every
1920's house in my town has. And we also have a salvage place in town
where I can buy any number of old tiles that will closely match what I
already have in my bathroom. Of course then you will need to remove
the old tiles and thinset in the replacement tiles, but a good tile guy
can do that without too much difficulty. If you think you want to
tackle that yourself, write back here and someone other than me can
give you info on how to do the replacement yourself.

Ken