Posted to alt.home.repair

Default extending electric box / ballast questions

All-

1) I am putting pegboard on the wall, and will be putting 1/4" strips on
the wall as spacers. The area includes one outlet, and I would like to keep
this flush with the new pegboard. Are there extenders I can buy at the big
box stores that would keep the wiring inside the box up to the surface of
the pegboard?

2) Are there ballasts for flourescent lighting that do not hum? I know I
read there are but can't remember the specs? I am using 8' bulbs in a
workshop.

thanks all

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Yes, there are extension sleeves for the outlets and you can get an
electronic ballast for a 2- F296 T 12 fixture, which won't hum

"Chris Carruth" wrote in message
. ..
All-

1) I am putting pegboard on the wall, and will be putting 1/4" strips on
the wall as spacers. The area includes one outlet, and I would like to
keep this flush with the new pegboard. Are there extenders I can buy at
the big box stores that would keep the wiring inside the box up to the
surface of the pegboard?

2) Are there ballasts for flourescent lighting that do not hum? I know I
read there are but can't remember the specs? I am using 8' bulbs in a
workshop.

thanks all

Posted to alt.home.repair

Chris Carruth posted for all of us...

All-

1) I am putting pegboard on the wall, and will be putting 1/4" strips on
the wall as spacers. The area includes one outlet, and I would like to keep
this flush with the new pegboard. Are there extenders I can buy at the big
box stores that would keep the wiring inside the box up to the surface of
the pegboard?

2) Are there ballasts for flourescent lighting that do not hum? I know I
read there are but can't remember the specs? I am using 8' bulbs in a
workshop.

thanks all

Boy, another one... Google broke at your house?
--
Tekkie Don't bother to thank me, I do this as a public service.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tekkie® wrote:
Chris Carruth posted for all of us...

All-

1) I am putting pegboard on the wall, and will be putting 1/4"
strips on the wall as spacers. The area includes one outlet, and I
would like to keep this flush with the new pegboard. Are there
extenders I can buy at the big box stores that would keep the wiring
inside the box up to the surface of the pegboard?

2) Are there ballasts for flourescent lighting that do not hum? I
know I read there are but can't remember the specs? I am using 8'
bulbs in a workshop.

thanks all

Boy, another one... Google broke at your house?

Idiots always have something to say when they have nothing useful to say.
You're an idiot.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Ed is offline

"Pop`" wrote in

Tekkie® wrote:
Chris Carruth posted for all of us...

All-

1) I am putting pegboard on the wall, and will be putting 1/4"
strips on the wall as spacers. The area includes one outlet, and I
would like to keep this flush with the new pegboard. Are there
extenders I can buy at the big box stores that would keep the wiring
inside the box up to the surface of the pegboard?

2) Are there ballasts for flourescent lighting that do not hum? I
know I read there are but can't remember the specs? I am using 8'
bulbs in a workshop.

thanks all

Boy, another one... Google broke at your house?

Idiots always have something to say when they have nothing useful to
say. You're an idiot.

I agree, the worst part about the "Google it, stupid" posts are that
they don't post what search string they would use nor do they provide
any links. Not everyone is a search engine phrase expert, and not all
of us have the time to wade through numerous conflicting results.

If they really knew that Google would find the answer, rather than just
being jerks, they would show people how to do it. It's easy to assert
that searching would work without providing any proof.

Well that's the internet for you. At least he didn't provide an link to
http://just****inggoogleit.com/

Ed

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed posted for all of us...

I agree, the worst part about the "Google it, stupid" posts are that
they don't post what search string they would use nor do they provide
any links. Not everyone is a search engine phrase expert, and not all
of us have the time to wade through numerous conflicting results.

So you admit you are not only an idiot but are lazy too...
--
Tekkie Don't bother to thank me, I do this as a public service.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Pop` posted for all of us...

Idiots always have something to say when they have nothing useful to say.

Like you aye?
--
Tekkie Don't bother to thank me, I do this as a public service.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tekkie® wrote:
[...]

Yes, do provide the search string. Google can be quite unfriendly when
you don't know the "secret code".

If they really knew that Google would find the answer, rather than just
being jerks, they would show people how to do it. It's easy to assert
that searching would work without providing any proof.

Well that's the internet for you. At least he didn't provide an link to
http://just****inggoogleit.com/

Ed

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"All your western theologies, the whole mythology of them,
are based on the concept of God as a senile delinquent."
-- Tennessee Williams

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mark Lloyd posted for all of us...

Yes, do provide the search string. Google can be quite unfriendly when
you don't know the "secret code".

Do something and LEARN to do it yourself. Does your mother still wipe your
butt?

--
Tekkie Don't bother to thank me, I do this as a public service.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 17 Nov 2006 18:39:03 -0500, Tekkie®
wrote:

Mark Lloyd posted for all of us...

Yes, do provide the search string. Google can be quite unfriendly when
you don't know the "secret code".

Do something and LEARN to do it yourself.

Does your mother still wipe your
butt?

That's called a "crossed transaction". A response which completely
doesn't fit the thing it's supposed to be a response to. Crossed
transactions are things that make you look [expletive deleted].
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Mark Lloyd posted for all of us...

Yes, do provide the search string. Google can be quite unfriendly when
you don't know the "secret code".

Do something and LEARN to do it yourself.

The something in this case is attempting to guess the code (word
combination) that is accepted properly by Google. Sometimes this works
well, and sometimes takes forever.

Does your mother still wipe your
butt?

I would consider inappropriate childish insults to be an indication of
emotional immaturity.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"All your western theologies, the whole mythology of them,
are based on the concept of God as a senile delinquent."
-- Tennessee Williams
Posted to alt.home.repair

Mark Lloyd posted for all of us...

I would consider inappropriate childish insults to be an indication of
emotional immaturity.

Yeah, you are a real brainalater, but you still can't figure out Google
searchs. Are you bipolar?
--
Tekkie Don't bother to thank me, I do this as a public service.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 21:24:39 -0500, Tekkie®
wrote:

Mark Lloyd posted for all of us...

I would consider inappropriate childish insults to be an indication of
emotional immaturity.

Yeah, you are a real brainalater, but you still can't figure out Google
searchs. Are you bipolar?

Thank you. You have now sufficiently described yourself.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"All your western theologies, the whole mythology of them,
are based on the concept of God as a senile delinquent."
-- Tennessee Williams

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mark Lloyd posted for all of us...

Thank you. You have now sufficiently described yourself.

Your comprehension skills are also lacking; I was describing YOU. You are the
one that cannot form a logic chain; another sign of your bipolar affliction.
Have you taken your meds as prescribed?
--
Tekkie Don't bother to thank me, I do this as a public service.
Posted to alt.home.repair

=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= wrote in
:

Chris Carruth posted for all of us...

All-

1) I am putting pegboard on the wall, and will be putting 1/4"
strips on the wall as spacers. The area includes one outlet, and I
would like to keep this flush with the new pegboard. Are there
extenders I can buy at the big box stores that would keep the wiring
inside the box up to the surface of the pegboard?

2) Are there ballasts for flourescent lighting that do not hum? I
know I read there are but can't remember the specs? I am using 8'
bulbs in a workshop.

thanks all

Boy, another one... Google broke at your house?

Google Search = http://www.google.com/search?q=electrical+box+extender

First hit = http://www.receptxtenders.com/ (Note: This is the brand at
HD)

NJBrad

Electric cars. The Natural Philosopher UK diy 104 December 3rd 05 11:12 PM
Gas or Electric? phaeton Home Repair 22 October 27th 05 12:21 AM
Can I replace a magnetic ballast with an electronic ballast? O.B. Home Repair 9 September 23rd 04 04:18 PM
Can I replace a magnetic ballast with an electronic ballast? O.B. Home Ownership 1 September 13th 04 12:13 AM
Electric Heater Denver Woody Woodworking 6 October 2nd 03 09:43 PM