Posted to alt.home.repair
nr nr is offline

Default Dripping Sound in Kitchen Drain

My kitchen drain (one with the disposer) has an intermittent sound that
sounds like water dripping but from a distance (not in that drain). I
don't use the dishwasher, so I don't think it's from that and I haven't
found any water leaks or dripping faucets or toilets.

Any ideas what this might be and how to correct it?

Many thanks for any info.

Posted to alt.home.repair

nr wrote:
My kitchen drain (one with the disposer) has an intermittent sound that
sounds like water dripping but from a distance (not in that drain). I
don't use the dishwasher, so I don't think it's from that and I haven't
found any water leaks or dripping faucets or toilets.

Any ideas what this might be and how to correct it?

Many thanks for any info.

House plumbed with PVC/ABS drain piping?
If so, residual water draining will produce
faint (or loud) dripping noises.

If you don't find evidence, may be normal.

Jim