Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ring for overlfow

I have a round basin in my bathroom that came without a finished ring
for that overflow area near the top of the basin. I tried Lowes, no
luck. I went to a plumbing supply store locally, no luck. Does anyone
know where I can get one. The one that I replaced still has it, but its
oval shape and won't fit the round one that i have now. I bought this
bowl awhile back ( years ) but only lately noticed the edges of that
overflow are getting rusty, dirty looking.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The last couple of times I replaced the kind with the finish ring, I
got ones that are "self finishing." They simply set in the opening. Had
a nice big flange, and you set it in caulking that came with the sink.
Then, run a bead around the edge and wipe it to a nice contour. Took
more time to take the old one out than anything else. New ones were
ceramic, versus the old cast iron and enamel style.

Posted to alt.home.repair

professorpaul wrote:
The last couple of times I replaced the kind with the finish ring, I
got ones that are "self finishing." They simply set in the opening. Had
a nice big flange, and you set it in caulking that came with the sink.
Then, run a bead around the edge and wipe it to a nice contour. Took
more time to take the old one out than anything else. New ones were
ceramic, versus the old cast iron and enamel style.

Well, tell me where u bought them.