Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Air/Duct Circulation

We are moving our son up to the upper level of our home. We have duct and
vents up there, but the air circulation from the top floor from the basement
blower is so weak that it barely keeps it warm and you can barely the air
conditioned air if at all.

Our system had a new blower fan put in about 7 years ago and the air
circulation is fine except for the upper 2 bedrooms.

Is there any way I can increase the air flow up there?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Postal68 wrote:

We are moving our son up to the upper level of our home. We have duct and
vents up there, but the air circulation from the top floor from the basement
blower is so weak that it barely keeps it warm and you can barely the air
conditioned air if at all.

Our system had a new blower fan put in about 7 years ago and the air
circulation is fine except for the upper 2 bedrooms.

Is there any way I can increase the air flow up there?

First, make sure those bedrooms have good Return air access to the blower!
Run ample sized direct return ducts if possible.

The upstairs rooms are probably supplied through smaller sq. in. wall ducts.
If so, run larger diameter duct off the plenum with a reducer to the
wall boot.
If duct is way oversized use two reducers that bring the diameter down
to the boot intake size.

If possible run more than one duct up to those bedrooms.
Read the duct sizing page linked below. - udarrell

--
PROPER A/C UNIT & DUCTWORK Sizing is over 70% of Operating Efficiency
http://www.udarrell.com/proper_cfm_b...syste ms.html
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Postal68" wrote in
:

We are moving our son up to the upper level of our home. We have duct
and vents up there, but the air circulation from the top floor from
the basement blower is so weak that it barely keeps it warm and you
can barely the air conditioned air if at all.

Our system had a new blower fan put in about 7 years ago and the air
circulation is fine except for the upper 2 bedrooms.

Is there any way I can increase the air flow up there?

One of these might be your answer...
http://www.suncourt.com/EQ2.html
http://www.rewci.com/dubofor4x10o.html
http://www.atrendyhome.com/inlineductfan.html