Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kitchenaid Dish Washer Cleaning

I have a KA dishwasher with a stainless
(ya, right) steel inside. Well, through
the years the inside looks pretty
"dirty". It has a film of what I guess
is soap residue. What's the best way to
clean this? I know I could probably use
the stuff for showers and scrub it.
Does anyone know of any "magic" that can
be cycled through to dissolve this stuff?

Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

dump in gallon of white vinegar during wash cycle, let soak as long as
possible.+.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Art Todesco" wrote in message
I have a KA dishwasher with a stainless (ya, right) steel inside. Well,
through the years the inside looks pretty "dirty". It has a film of what I
guess is soap residue.

Yes, it is stainless in that it does not rust. Soap scum and mineral
deposits are another story. Try a vinegar rinse as the acetic acid may
remove it. CLR is another option.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Second that, I have a Kitchenaid Stainless machine too and the inside gets
nasty after a while with mineral buildup..our water is bad for that. A good
vinegar soaking ( put it in the wash cycle, start it running then stop it
for a while, then finish the cycle) and it should be pretty much good to go
again. This cleans out any build up in the wash arms etc too.

--

Mike S.

oups.com...

dish washer mauro Home Repair 1 August 12th 06 03:41 AM
Dish washer leaving crud on knives Dave UK diy 4 June 19th 06 07:19 PM
change washer hookup --- but no shutoff valve in sight! fixhouse Home Repair 8 December 6th 04 02:57 PM
live dish washer Geoff UK diy 10 June 4th 04 08:55 AM
Maytag Neptune Washer lousy customer service for repair; I would think twice next time and buy from Sears wkearney99 Home Ownership 0 November 28th 03 09:01 PM