Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Water pressure backup sump pump

After the recent (Oct 12) 24 inch lake effect snowfall here in the
Buffalo area (no jokes please) we endured four days without power. (Many
fared worse.) We managed to bail the sump for two days then begged and
borrowed generator power for two days to avoid a flooded basement. I am
interested in a water pressure backup pump but have been told that the
capacity to pump water is limited and may end up with a flooded basement
anyway. I have considered a battery backup but for extended power
outages the battery doesn't last. I doubt we'll experience that kind of
outage again but I'd like to be prepared. The other alternative is a
generator...either way, a serious investment.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Nathan Zimmerman

--
Replace "invalid" with "net" to despam

A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore --Yogi Berra