Posted to alt.home.repair

Default One radiator does not come on... ?

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help with this? Having just turned the central
heating on for the winter, one of the radiators does not come on at
all. All the others are OK. The radiator is downstairs and does not
even get warm, yet all the ones upstairs are fine. The radiators are
linked to a combi boiler. Any ideas?

Regards

biskitz4cheez

Posted to alt.home.repair

biskitz4cheez wrote:
Hi

I wonder if anyone can help with this? Having just turned the central
heating on for the winter, one of the radiators does not come on at
all. All the others are OK. The radiator is downstairs and does not
even get warm, yet all the ones upstairs are fine. The radiators are
linked to a combi boiler. Any ideas?

Regards

biskitz4cheez

What kind of heat do you have, steam or hot water baseboard? If it's
the latter, you could have air in the line or the circulator for that
zone is not coming on.
If it's the former, you could have a bad air valve.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The radiators are filled with hot water from the combi boiler. I have
'bled' the radiator to let the air out and there's definately water in
there because some came out after all the air had been let out - it's
just not heating up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

biskitz4cheez wrote:
The radiators are filled with hot water from the combi boiler. I have
'bled' the radiator to let the air out and there's definately water in
there because some came out after all the air had been let out - it's
just not heating up.

I assume the upstairs and downstairs are on seperate zones. Make sure
that the circulator is coming on, or if you have zone valves, make sure
the zone valve opens fully.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I am not aware that the radiators are on separate zones. ALL the other
radiators (downstairs and upstairs) are working fine - it's just this
one that isn't coming on.

Posted to alt.home.repair

biskitz4cheez posted for all of us...

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help with this? Having just turned the central
heating on for the winter, one of the radiators does not come on at
all. All the others are OK. The radiator is downstairs and does not
even get warm, yet all the ones upstairs are fine. The radiators are
linked to a combi boiler. Any ideas?

Regards

biskitz4cheez

Asked and answered MANY times - do your own research.
--
Tekkie Don't bother to thank me, I do this as a public service.