Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dogwood tree root depth

Can anybody tell me what the characteristic root depth for a Dogwood
tree is ?

If this is the incorrect NG to use, perhaps somebody can suggest a
proper NG.

Reason why I am asking this question is that I just had two overflow
pits located and stack pipes installed on each one. The guy did not
want to put any chemicals in the overflow pit that is close to the
Dogwood tree. The overflow pit is at least five feet below grade.

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Vince" wrote in message

Can anybody tell me what the characteristic root depth for a Dogwood
tree is ?

6 feet

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 18:01:40 -0400, "Charles Schuler"
wrote:

"Vince" wrote in message
.. .

Can anybody tell me what the characteristic root depth for a Dogwood
tree is ?

6 feet

Where did you get that figure?

Posted to alt.home.repair

GOOD HE DOESNT WANT TO KILL YOUR TREE!

When FULL the overflow can saturate all the way to the surface,
chemicals will kill your tree, dogwoods are beautiful but sensitive.
avoid herbecides under your tree too.

my neighbor had her yard chem lawned for weeds it killed her dogwood.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes, that was the reason given by the guy; fear of killing the
Dogwood.

On 26 Oct 2006 06:47:15 -0700, "
wrote:

GOOD HE DOESNT WANT TO KILL YOUR TREE!

When FULL the overflow can saturate all the way to the surface,
chemicals will kill your tree, dogwoods are beautiful but sensitive.
avoid herbecides under your tree too.

my neighbor had her yard chem lawned for weeds it killed her dogwood.

Posted to alt.home.repair

aspasia wrote in message
On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 18:01:40 -0400, "Charles Schuler"
wrote:

"Vince" wrote in message
. ..

Can anybody tell me what the characteristic root depth for a Dogwood
tree is ?

6 feet

Where did you get that figure?

http://www.ca.uky.edu/HLA/Dunwell/KH...te36_2005.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 16:28:40 -0400, "Charles Schuler"
wrote:

m...
wrote:

"Vince" wrote in message

Can anybody tell me what the characteristic root depth for a Dogwood
tree is ?

6 feet

Where did you get that figure?

http://www.ca.uky.edu/HLA/Dunwell/KH...te36_2005.html

I'm impressed! Just wanted to make sure you didn't pull figure out of
thin air. (Ducks to avoid retaliatory blow...g)
Posted to alt.home.repair

I'm impressed! Just wanted to make sure you didn't pull figure out of
thin air. (Ducks to avoid retaliatory blow...g)

Hey, don't duck ... I also have been known to ask for some credibility.
Usenet demands that, from time to time.

Remain a skeptic, as that will help protect you.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Charles Schuler wrote:
aspasia wrote in message
On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 wrote:

"Vince" wrote in message

Can anybody tell me what the characteristic root depth for a Dogwood
tree is ?

6 feet

Where did you get that figure?

http://www.ca.uky.edu/HLA/Dunwell/KH...te36_2005.html

I didn't see anything on that page that referenced root depth in feet.
The article was on depth of soil coverage above the first root flare -
typically measured as a few inches. Interesting reading, though.