Posted to alt.home.repair

Default You fixed what with a what?

Some of these are amusing.

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/tohn...20600-0,00.htm
Posted to alt.home.repair

Al Bundy wrote:
Some of these are amusing.

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/tohn...20600-0,00.htm

My favorite is the automotive radiator for radiant heat.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Gee, I feel a little better about my home improvement skills!

Jo Ann

Mikepier wrote:
Al Bundy wrote:
Some of these are amusing.

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/tohn...20600-0,00.htm

My favorite is the automotive radiator for radiant heat.

Posted to alt.home.repair

it amazes me that more homes dont have electrical fires...........

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sev Sev is offline

Mikepier wrote:
Al Bundy wrote:
Some of these are amusing.

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/tohn...20600-0,00.htm

My favorite is the automotive radiator for radiant heat.

And I always thought it would be fun to hook up a domestic cast iron
radiator in an old car- winter beater.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 23:36:26 -0500, Al Bundy
wrote:

Some of these are amusing.

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/tohn...20600-0,00.htm

I'd laugh at them EXCEPT many years ago I put a new outlet in an old
bathroom....when my wife plugged in the vaccuum, the switch on the
Vaccuum turned the bathroom light on and off....I recovered and have
done a lot of (good and safe) electrical work since then.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Al Bundy wrote:
Some of these are amusing.

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/tohn...20600-0,00.htm

Light switch in the shower, now that's scary!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Knew some country folks who heated the house with a woodstove in the
shed. Ran a water line under the ground, and used a radiator and fan
in the kitchen. I can't remember what they used for a circulator, but
he said he had a loop of copper in the firebox of the woodstove. Musta
worked.

I guess out in the shed he could burn crankcase oil and she didn't
mind as much.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
On 25 Oct 2006 03:39:27 -0700, "Mikepier"
wrote:

My favorite is the automotive radiator for radiant heat.

That one is actually not that bad an idea. I know a guy who did this
with an array of solar collectors in his garage. If you put a garden
variety $20 "box" fan behind this it will pump out plenty of BTUs. It
kept us warm working on cars or harleys if it was a sunny day, even in
winter.