Posted to alt.home.repair

Default solutions for resurfacing a chattahoochee pebble deck

what are some ways to resurface a chattahoochee pebblestone deck? just a thinly mixed
colored mortar/cementmix or something else? I want to cover up the pebbles and I don't
want to remove it, none of it is loose. this is not a high traffic area and is mostly
used only in the summer.

it is a a 500 sq ft area around an inground pool and the chattahoochee has a lot of
small cavities and crevices. it has been resealed with an epoxy type sealant a few
times

if I use a cement type material, are there some general tips for spreading the stuff
and does it have to be done in several steps, ie. layers? how about creating some
deliberate effects for an uneven surface as I don't want it to be smooth or slippery.
I suppose it could also be done in plain gray cement and paint it later but I really
don't know so am asking here for some advice.

assume I will pressure wash the deck before commencing any work

thanks!