Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How much force to tip over a tree

I have a columnar white pine tree, about 40 feet tall and maybe
8" in daimeter at the base, I need to remove. I am considering
trying to use an old climbing rope and a come-along to winch
it out of the ground. I figure that if I attach the rope to the tree
about 30 feet from the ground, it shouldn't be too hard to winch
it over. I would used prussiks to allow me to pull it multiple winch-
fulls to move it far enough to break roots (with a little axe help maybe).
Does anyone have any idea how much force this should take?
Will it work?

Bob

Who is responsible for tree trim and removal? miamicuse Home Repair 28 June 14th 06 09:00 PM
Black Walnut Question tdstr Woodworking 19 April 12th 06 08:42 PM
Charge for tree removal offset by value of wood ? [email protected] Home Repair 30 April 28th 05 11:23 PM
unfortunate Lazarus Long Woodworking 32 April 20th 04 02:44 PM
Tree identification. Al Kyder Woodturning 2 September 17th 03 05:13 PM