Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 24v humidity relay

would anyone know who makes a 24v relay that would have an adjustable humidity range
sensor (open 24v relay and close relay)

similar to the macromatic timer relays at
http://macromatic.com/products/time-...s-summary.html but for humidity, not
time

honeywell makes dial sensors for humidity range but have not found a 24v honeywell
control, only 110v

Posted to alt.home.repair

arno wrote:
would anyone know who makes a 24v relay that would have an adjustable
humidity range sensor (open 24v relay and close relay)

similar to the macromatic timer relays at
http://macromatic.com/products/time-...s-summary.html but for
humidity, not time

honeywell makes dial sensors for humidity range but have not found a 24v
honeywell control, only 110v

Hmmm,
Why not put the dial sensor contacts in seires with any 24V AC relay coil?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:
Why not put the dial sensor contacts in seires with any 24V AC relay coil?

please elaborate, assume I know nothing (which is true) and tell me more about this
which dial sensor? who makes one? describe the series connection(s), please

Posted to alt.home.repair

arno wrote:

would anyone know who makes a 24v relay that would have an adjustable
humidity range sensor (open 24v relay and close relay)

Why a relay? Grainger sells a $31 2E453 (Autoflo 052000) humidistat switch
rated for 2 amps at 24 V and 4.4 at 120 V that opens on humidity rise.
You might drive a relay with that, if you need more current.

Their $60 2E574 humidistat closes on RH rise. It's rated for 7.5 A at 120 V.

honeywell makes dial sensors for humidity range but have not found a 24v
honeywell control, only 110v

A switch rated for 110 V can probably also switch 24 V.

Nick

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

arno wrote:
would anyone know who makes a 24v relay that would have an adjustable humidity range
sensor (open 24v relay and close relay)

similar to the macromatic timer relays at
http://macromatic.com/products/time-...s-summary.html but for humidity, not
time

honeywell makes dial sensors for humidity range but have not found a 24v honeywell
control, only 110v

Contact rating or relay coil voltage? 110V contacts will certainly
handle a 24V load as not excessive amperage. A higher voltage-rated
coil may not close at a lower input voltage. Best would be to tell what
voltage/current need/have on both ends to get the picture.

Posted to alt.home.repair

dpb wrote:
Contact rating or relay coil voltage?

did you take a look at the link with macromatic relays? I assume the OP
wants a similar relay.
just pick any of the 24vac/dc relays off the macromatic page links and match
it to something that allows humidity

Posted to alt.home.repair

arno wrote:

Tony Hwang wrote:

Why not put the dial sensor contacts in seires with any 24V AC relay
coil?

please elaborate, assume I know nothing (which is true) and tell me more
about this
which dial sensor? who makes one? describe the series connection(s), please

Hmm,
Tell us what you are trying to do.