Posted to alt.home.repair
ap ap is offline

Default smoke smell in home

Hello,
pls don't flame me on this post! Recently (on & off), we've been
smelling some
smoke odors in our 2-story house. There are NO smokers in our house.
There is no odor in the mornings nor afternoons, only in the
evening/nights.

I scanned some posts here and it appears that smoke odors may be
related
to the A/C components, correct?

One thing I have yet to determine is if a walking neighbor (who is a
smoker)
could smoke around the perimeter and the odors would permeate our
house.
I don't know if this is posible with the A/C off.

Thanks for any info!

Posted to alt.home.repair

ap wrote:
Hello,
pls don't flame me on this post! Recently (on & off), we've been
smelling some
smoke odors in our 2-story house.

Neighbor with a fireplace?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"ap" writes:

Hello, pls don't flame me on this post! Recently (on & off), we've
been smelling some smoke odors in our 2-story house. There are NO
smokers in our house. There is no odor in the mornings nor
afternoons, only in the evening/nights.

I scanned some posts here and it appears that smoke odors may be
related to the A/C components, correct?

One thing I have yet to determine is if a walking neighbor (who is a
smoker) could smoke around the perimeter and the odors would
permeate our house. I don't know if this is posible with the A/C
off.

Thanks for any info!

It's certainly possible. I can usually smell when a car in front of
me has a smoker in it.

Either my nose is getting better or cigarettes are actually smelling
worse over time.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/
Posted to alt.home.repair

Todd H. wrote:
"ap" writes:

Hello, pls don't flame me on this post! Recently (on & off), we've
been smelling some smoke odors in our 2-story house. There are NO
smokers in our house. There is no odor in the mornings nor
afternoons, only in the evening/nights.

I scanned some posts here and it appears that smoke odors may be
related to the A/C components, correct?

One thing I have yet to determine is if a walking neighbor (who is a
smoker) could smoke around the perimeter and the odors would
permeate our house. I don't know if this is posible with the A/C
off.

Thanks for any info!

It's certainly possible. I can usually smell when a car in front of
me has a smoker in it.

Either my nose is getting better or cigarettes are actually smelling
worse over time.

I'm the same way. I ran past a smoker sitting on a park bench and
could smell her smoke and perfume when I was down wind, 200 yards from
her. Smoker's don't realize how stinky they are. As for OP, nose
should be able to differentiate between cigarette smoke, wood smoke and
electrical component. I sometimes get some transient fireplace odor in
my house due to furnace draw.
Frank

Posted to alt.home.repair

ap wrote:

Hello,
pls don't flame me on this post! Recently (on & off), we've been
smelling some
smoke odors in our 2-story house. There are NO smokers in our house.
There is no odor in the mornings nor afternoons, only in the
evening/nights.

I scanned some posts here and it appears that smoke odors may be
related
to the A/C components, correct?

One thing I have yet to determine is if a walking neighbor (who is a
smoker)
could smoke around the perimeter and the odors would permeate our
house.
I don't know if this is posible with the A/C off.

Thanks for any info!

If you have a sensitive nose, there could be smoke drawn in (negative
pressure) under doors, etc. I assume there is no evidence of someone
loitering in the yard.

Posted to alt.home.repair

CHILDREN?

ap wrote:

Hello,
pls don't flame me on this post! Recently (on & off), we've been
smelling some
smoke odors in our 2-story house. There are NO smokers in our house.
There is no odor in the mornings nor afternoons, only in the
evening/nights.

I scanned some posts here and it appears that smoke odors may be
related
to the A/C components, correct?

One thing I have yet to determine is if a walking neighbor (who is a
smoker)
could smoke around the perimeter and the odors would permeate our
house.
I don't know if this is posible with the A/C off.

Thanks for any info!

burning rubber smell in my home Needs Help in Roswell Home Repair 10 February 22nd 17 12:44 PM
Get rid of Cigerate Smoke Smell [email protected] Home Repair 22 February 9th 06 05:24 AM
300W PC power supply, no POST beep, smell, smoke, bang,dead N Cook Electronics Repair 7 August 18th 05 01:33 AM
Help - I smell smoke Steve Woodworking 6 January 5th 05 03:42 PM
Home Depot Scorns Christian Groups Ben Siders Woodworking 63 August 26th 04 02:52 PM