Posted to alt.home.repair

Default fluidmaster constantly leaking from top of valve

I have a fluidmaster that has a slow but constant leak from the top of
the valve (not from the refill tube). I took the top of the valve off
and flushed out the valve but that didn't help. Do I just have to buy
another fluid master?

Posted to alt.home.repair

just replace the whole thing at $6.
it replaces quite easily when you use a small shopvac to suck out the
last of the tank water first.
also see their website for repair tips and problem solving and
different items.
maybe your kids are playing there, these units are usually low on
service.

wrote:
I have a fluidmaster that has a slow but constant leak from the top of
the valve (not from the refill tube). I took the top of the valve off
and flushed out the valve but that didn't help. Do I just have to buy
another fluid master?

Posted to alt.home.repair

They do sell repair kits at the hardware store. Make sure your model allows
the replacement of the rubber washer. You should be able to twist the top
cap off. Make sure you turn off the water.

"Frank" wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:
I have a fluidmaster that has a slow but constant leak from the top of
the valve (not from the refill tube). I took the top of the valve off
and flushed out the valve but that didn't help. Do I just have to buy
another fluid master?

Don't they have a rubber diaphram type washer. Sometimes grit collects
there and cause leak. Removal, cleaning and replacing may solve.
Don't know if they sell new diaphrams.
Frank

Posted to alt.home.repair

harlen posted for all of us...

Make sure you turn off the water.

Heh heh heh
--
Tekkie "There's no such thing as a tool I don't need."