Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair
ap ap is offline

Default anyone done heater inspection via Sears

Thanks. I have just cross-posted!
What about home depot for a gas furnace tuneup?

Any comments here? I realize it depends on the sub-contractors, too.

Todd H. wrote:
"ap" writes:

Hello,
I'd like your feedback. I need to get my gas furnace inspected and
maybe cleaned. Wanted to know how reputable the chain stores are.

Thanks!!

Answered in alt.home.repair. It's better to cross post to both
newsgroups in one message than multipost like this -- with the cross
post, post groups see all replies.

Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/

Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair

Sears service put the doors on my carrier furnace the wrong way around
and I couldn't figure out why the furance wasn't working properly and
we had smell of burning for a month. Both doors are identical in size
except one has slots and the other is solid. By the time I figured out
the furnace was full of dirt sucked in from the basement. Bad design
but they should be more careful.

He had a sears uniform and truck...

David

Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair

"ap" writes:

Thanks. I have just cross-posted!
What about home depot for a gas furnace tuneup?

Any comments here? I realize it depends on the sub-contractors, too.

And subcontractors you won't get to pick is the other down-side. :-\

Overpriced I'm guessing (based on a carpet+install quote I got from
them that was almost double what I got with a local guy), and same
reason, as you might expect.

Network with your neighbors and/or whoever inspected your home to find
out what local hvac place does good work and invests in training their
techs and go from there. Here an annual furnace clean and check costs
about $90, and that's with the primo outfit in town.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/
Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair

"ap" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks. I have just cross-posted!
What about home depot for a gas furnace tuneup?

Any comments here? I realize it depends on the sub-contractors, too.

If you know it depends on the subcontractors, why not just call a good local
independent service tech? There are many reputable ones with better prices
than Sears or HD. .