Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Painting Metal Shower Stall

I'm renovating a small bath in the basement that contains an old sheet
metal shower stall. The nit is in good condition (no rust or leaks)
but it's an awful grey-beige color. I neither desire nor need to
replace the shower, but I would like to paint if. Since it's sheet
metal tiling is out of the question. Also, this showe unit is right
next to the gas hot water heater (open flame), so flammable
solvent-based paints or epoxies are also a no-no. I'm looking into
Benjamin Moore's IMPERVEX and IRON CLAD products and also considering
pool paint as possibilities. Has anyone ever painted a sheet metal
shower, and how did it work out?
Thanks for any input,
Michael E.

--