Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Floor question

Can I have a finished wood floor, such as Bruce, floated on a current
vinyl covering or need I go with a Pergo type floor?
Norma

Posted to alt.home.repair

If the vinyl is adhered well to the existing floor, you shouldn't have
any problems. It's the floor, and it isn't going anywhere...

Norma wrote:
Can I have a finished wood floor, such as Bruce, floated on a current
vinyl covering or need I go with a Pergo type floor?
Norma

Posted to alt.home.repair

I agree that you should have no problem laying down pre-finished
hardwood over an existing vinyl flooring product. The vinyl should be
thin enough not to cause any issues with the installation and longevity
of the hardwood.