Posted to alt.home.repair

Default FLOR vs. Legato Carpet Tiles

Hey guys,

We just installed about 250 sq. ft. of DRI-core plywood subfloor in
our basement (great product for basements btw, nothing beats a
floating floor).... the end game of course is to put down some carpet.

The wife decided the carpet tiles would be easier to install,
clean/fix/replace if needed and would just plain look more 'modern'
than your typical wall to wall.

To me, the choices have come down to FLOR or Legato's carpet tiles
from Home Depot.

Here are the pros and cons I've come up with, I'd love to hear about
other people's experiences and recommendations.

FLOR:
-- Pros:
- Many designs, textures and colours
- allows infinite choice not just in colour but texture as well
- usable on stairs as a runner
-- Cons:
- shipping charges are steep (Lowes only carries the ugliest
colours/styles)
- no underpadding
- expensive even without shipping

Legato:
-- Pros:
- includes underpadding
- doesn't use adhesives
- less expensive than FLOR
- available locally at Home Depot
-- Cons:
- No 'checkboard' patterns possible
- Can only get a wall to wall carpet look
- Not as much colour/style selection

I've also seen that the makers of Legato have a different brand of
carpet tiles, the name escapes me now, but perhaps someone has
experience with them?

Thanks for the help,

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have no experience with FLOR, but I have installed Legato and was
pleased with the results. You just have to read all the instructions
and take your time. It can be installed right on concrete. No visible
seams. Use cardstock to make templates of tricky areas.

Posted to alt.home.repair

gota love the DRI-core. we put that into our basement and put snap
together laminate over it. makes a great wood floor that feels like
it's on the first or second floor instead of the basement.

Empresser #124457

The best Games

Gino F. wrote:
[...]

Joining carpet 2 carpet & carpet 2 tiles JoeJoe UK diy 1 September 1st 06 07:24 AM
Laminate on Carpet and Tiles Junction kylie UK diy 1 May 5th 06 05:28 AM
"Draft Carpet Cleaning FAQ for comments" david lang UK diy 7 November 20th 05 07:29 PM
Carpet Cleaning FAQ david lang UK diy 6 November 20th 05 02:05 AM
Legato Carpet Tiles? Dantanna Home Ownership 0 April 4th 05 02:15 AM