Posted to alt.home.repair
Ook Ook is offline

Default Driveway replacement questions

I'm getting ready to replace my driveway. It was poured in 1948, and it's in
very bad condition. I'll be replacing a double wide driveway, the attached
sidewalk, and the walkway up to the front of the house. Since I don't have
the time or the skills, I'm planning on contracting it out.

Any advice as to what to look out for in contractors? I'm in Lebanon,
Oregon. Anyone nearby know of a reputable contractor that can do this?
Anyone have a driveway replaced recently and care to share what it cost?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sev Sev is offline

Any advice as to what to look out for in contractors? I'm in Lebanon.

.. Anyone nearby know of a reputable contractor that can do this?
and ......... what it cost?

I've read there's a guy named Nasrallah there who sometimes does them
for free...

More seriously, no.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ook wrote:
I'm getting ready to replace my driveway. It was poured in 1948, and it's in
very bad condition. I'll be replacing a double wide driveway, the attached
sidewalk, and the walkway up to the front of the house. Since I don't have
the time or the skills, I'm planning on contracting it out.

Any advice as to what to look out for in contractors? I'm in Lebanon,
Oregon. Anyone nearby know of a reputable contractor that can do this?
Anyone have a driveway replaced recently and care to share what it cost?

Get a written agreement describing work to be done, what to do about
damage resulting from construction, construction, and price.

TB

Posted to alt.home.repair

In general, $3-4 per sft is the going rate in Texas for removal of old
concrete, pooring new one.
Make sure you're there during the poor and force them to pull up the
wire mesh so it's in the center of the new concrete. If they don't do
that, you might as well not have any mesh, and your concrete will crack
within a few years and look worse and worse.

good luck