Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where To Get Weatherstripping For Windows

Hi,

Our 25 year old windows need new weather stripping.
So far I haven't found it at any of the local building
suppliers. There isn't a brand name visible on the
windows.

Can someone recommend a website or supplier in
the eastern Massachusetts area that carries a large
variety of weatherstripping?

Thanks,
Gary

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Gary Brown" wrote in message
Hi,

Our 25 year old windows need new weather stripping.
So far I haven't found it at any of the local building
suppliers. There isn't a brand name visible on the
windows.

Can someone recommend a website or supplier in
the eastern Massachusetts area that carries a large
variety of weatherstripping?

Thanks,
Gary

I suspect you're trying to find the VERY skinny, fuzzy weatherstripping,
right? I'd go to www.frostking.com, call them, find out if they make it, and
ask where to buy it. Sadly, their web site is a train wreck, and doesn't
show a number of varieties which I actually saw at a local hardware store
last winter.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Gary Brown wrote:
Hi,

Our 25 year old windows need new weather stripping.
So far I haven't found it at any of the local building
suppliers. There isn't a brand name visible on the
windows.

Can someone recommend a website or supplier in
the eastern Massachusetts area that carries a large
variety of weatherstripping?

Thanks,
Gary

Doesn't Home Depot sell that stuff?

Posted to alt.home.repair

not sure if you have meijers there yet, they have alot of different
kinds.

Empressess #124457

The best Games

Gary Brown wrote:
Hi,

Our 25 year old windows need new weather stripping.
So far I haven't found it at any of the local building
suppliers. There isn't a brand name visible on the
windows.

Can someone recommend a website or supplier in
the eastern Massachusetts area that carries a large
variety of weatherstripping?

Thanks,
Gary

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Gary Brown" wrote in news:QegQg.4$on7.1
@newsfe04.lga:

Hi,

Our 25 year old windows need new weather stripping.
So far I haven't found it at any of the local building
suppliers. There isn't a brand name visible on the
windows.

Can someone recommend a website or supplier in
the eastern Massachusetts area that carries a large
variety of weatherstripping?

Thanks,
Gary

Have you tried a glass shop? They install and fix stuff so they need to
have it around.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I bought some Plastic covers for my wondows ...you use a HairDryer to make
it tight...I am having problems getting the tape to stick to the metal
windows...I live in a Mobile home......Any suggestions on how to get it to
stick?