DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Federal Pacific Fuse Panel (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/176370-federal-pacific-fuse-panel.html)

TrailRunner September 18th 06 09:29 PM

Federal Pacific Fuse Panel

I have a Federal Pacific fuse panel. I don't have problems with the
panel. But, it is a split bus panel. Should the panel be replaced if
I am not having problems? It's a 200 amp panel.

Thanks,

Dan

RBM September 19th 06 12:22 AM

Federal Pacific Fuse Panel

If it's a fuse panel, you may want to upgrade to a circuit breaker panel
just for the convenience

ups.com...

Tekkie® September 19th 06 12:31 AM

Federal Pacific Fuse Panel

TrailRunner posted for all of us...

I have a Federal Pacific fuse panel. I don't have problems with the
panel. But, it is a split bus panel. Should the panel be replaced if
I am not having problems? It's a 200 amp panel.

Thanks,

Dan

Maybe
--
Tekkie "There's no such thing as a tool I don't need."

RBM September 19th 06 01:41 AM

Federal Pacific Fuse Panel

The problem with any split buss panel is that unless ONLY conscientious
professionals are doing work in it, it has the potential to overload the
main feeder

Eric in North TX September 19th 06 02:06 AM

Federal Pacific Fuse Panel

In my opinion if it says Federal Pacific on the cover it should be
replaced.

Tom The Great September 19th 06 04:57 PM

Federal Pacific Fuse Panel

On 18 Sep 2006 13:29:15 -0700, "TrailRunner" wrote:

I have a Federal Pacific fuse panel. I don't have problems with the
panel. But, it is a split bus panel. Should the panel be replaced if
I am not having problems? It's a 200 amp panel.

Thanks,

Dan

imho:

Don't fix what isn't broken. Unlike beakers, many fuses are quicker
to act/protect in over current conditions. So fuses are used more
often in sensitive equipement today.

However in residential conditions, people often defeat the protection
of a fuse with the addition of a penny or foil, so many insurance
companies charge higher rates for fused panels, and some might want
you to upgrade.

So check with your insurance company, you don't want it slipping
through the cracks that you have a fused panel, and later having the
company say they wont cover for an accident.

later,

tom @ www.NoCostAds.com

George September 21st 06 12:56 AM

Federal Pacific Fuse Panel

Eric in North TX wrote:
In my opinion if it says Federal Pacific on the cover it should be
replaced.

Actually the really old Federal Pacific equipment wasn't bad. I don't
know when they started making Walmart style equipment though.