DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bath spigot constantly runs (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/176178-bath-spigot-constantly-runs.html)

[email protected] September 17th 06 01:00 AM

Bath spigot constantly runs

I need some assistance in repair of my tub spigot that continues to run
when i utilise the shower. Any clues?

Thanks!

marson September 17th 06 01:35 AM

Bath spigot constantly runs

i would buy a new one.

Joey September 17th 06 01:43 AM

wrote:
I need some assistance in repair of my tub spigot that continues to run
when i utilise the shower. Any clues?

Thanks!

I'm assuming that you have the pull up lever on the spigot? If so, you
need a new one. When you pull it up you're basically closing off the
spigot completely. A bad one won't close it off thus it leaks.

Al Bundy September 17th 06 03:12 AM

Bath spigot constantly runs

Joey wrote in news:12gp6htbmg2ne24
@corp.supernews.com:

wrote:
I need some assistance in repair of my tub spigot that continues to

run
when i utilise the shower. Any clues?

Thanks!

I'm assuming that you have the pull up lever on the spigot? If so, you
need a new one. When you pull it up you're basically closing off the
spigot completely. A bad one won't close it off thus it leaks.

If you don't have the pull up lever on the spigot, it gets more
difficult. If you have the 3 handle type, take a look at this pdf
exploded parts diagram for a Central.

http://www.centralbrass.com/document...Down/B0950.pdf

With the same problem as you, I found the Celcon washer (#11) was crushed
from over tightening.

.@_______.com September 17th 06 12:01 PM

Bath bigot constantly runs

On 16 Sep 2006 17:00:54 -0700, "
wrote:

I need some assistance in repair of my tub bigot that continues to run
when i utilise the shower. Any clues?

Thanks!

Divorce the bitch

Stormin Mormon September 18th 06 02:12 PM

Bath spigot constantly runs

Dissemble. Diagnose. Replace defective part. reassemble. test.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

ups.com...

[email protected] September 18th 06 05:15 PM

wrote:
I need some assistance in repair of my tub spigot that continues to run
when i utilise the shower. Any clues?

Thanks!

Its prob. a rubber O ring that's worn out due to the high level of
mercury, DDT and Fluoride dumped by large coroporations that find it
easier to sell the public on the benefits of ingesting the by product
of aluminum production than paying to have it disposed.