Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.home.repair

Default Barry Parrish to face charges for copyright infringement

Word is that Mr. Parrish has not paid licensing fees for the right to
post cover songs on his website.

The songs in question:
"Free Bird" [Songs Of Universal, Inc. (BMI)]
"Streets Of Philadelphia" [Bruce Springsteen (ASCAP)]

Hear these (until the lawyers take action) at
http://barryparrish.com/

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17...6----000-.html

Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.home.repair

Chinese Water Torturer wrote:
Word is that Mr. Parrish has not paid licensing fees for the right to
post cover songs on his website.

The songs in question:
"Free Bird" [Songs Of Universal, Inc. (BMI)]
"Streets Of Philadelphia" [Bruce Springsteen (ASCAP)]

Hear these (until the lawyers take action) at
http://barryparrish.com/

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17...6----000-.html

DAMN THAT BOY IS GOOD

puts chills on me

Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.home.repair

Chinese Water Torturer wrote:
Word is that Mr. Parrish has not paid licensing fees for the right to
post cover songs on his website.

The songs in question:
"Free Bird" [Songs Of Universal, Inc. (BMI)]
"Streets Of Philadelphia" [Bruce Springsteen (ASCAP)]

Hear these (until the lawyers take action) at
http://barryparrish.com/

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17...6----000-.html

Yeah, one of those licensing twits called me. Wanted $74/year for our
music-on-hold stuff.

I put her on hold for about 30 seconds.

"Recognize that?" I asked.
"No," she said.
"It's Mozart. Being played by the USSR Symphony Orchestra - a country that
no longer even exists. Tell me, just who would you be paying the royalties
too?"
"Forget it," she said and hung up.

Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
Yeah, one of those licensing twits called me. Wanted $74/year for our
music-on-hold stuff.

I put her on hold for about 30 seconds.

"Recognize that?" I asked.
"No," she said.
"It's Mozart. Being played by the USSR Symphony Orchestra - a country that
no longer even exists. Tell me, just who would you be paying the royalties
too?"
"Forget it," she said and hung up.

LOL

The difference being, you're talking about snippets of public domain
works over a telephone line.

What SuperTroll has done is post his (horribly tracked and mixed)
recordings of other people's songs on his website FOR TRANSMISSION OVER
THE INTERNET, without even going to the small trouble of giving proper
songwriting credit to the very-much-alive composers (and their
respective publishing companies), nor (I assume) has he even
*requested* the licenses, much less checked what the statutory rate
fees are. His comments illustrate that he believes he doesn't HAVE to.
He's just a retarded little flake who thinks he can do whatever he
wants online, with no consequences.

Welcome to the adult world, Barry. You should have stopped when you had
the chance.

Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.home.repair

On 13 Sep 2006 20:39:40 -0700, "Chinese Water Torturer"
wrote:

HeyBub wrote:
[...]

???

What fantasy is running through your mind? Do you think the lawyers
at record companies have as much useless time on their hands as you
do? They might email him and ask him to remove the music. Big deal.

Do you have any cats, BTW?

Charlie

Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.home.repair

Chinese Water Torturer wrote:

Welcome to the adult world, Barry. You should have stopped when you had
the chance.

anytime you don't have an agenda it makes it easy for someone to assign
one to you

soooo...great! now you've got something to do

and yule be getting an education in the pro-cess, it's what you call a
win win situation

ONLY IN AMERICA

I love it

brace yourself

Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.home.repair

"chili palmer" wrote in message
oups.com...

Chinese Water Torturer wrote:

Welcome to the adult world, Barry. You should have stopped when you had
the chance.

anytime you don't have an agenda it makes it easy for someone to assign
one to you

soooo...great! now you've got something to do

and yule be getting an education in the pro-cess, it's what you call a
win win situation

ONLY IN AMERICA

I love it

brace yourself

It must such being a little fat guy with a tiny little pecker.

That's got to be tough, taking 28 years of that. Look at
his posting history, all he does is harass people in the
religious groups, the football groups, and the Beatles
group.

But, in defence of fat little underendowed Filipina guys,
there are an awful lot of them, and Benedict is the only
one I see spending most of his time harassing people
on Usenet. Or maybe the others are just smart enough
not to lead us to their identities and pictures of their
families and friends, where they work, etc.

Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.home.repair
-L. -L. is offline

cybercat wrote:

It must such being a little fat guy with a tiny little pecker.

Somebody needs to open a can of 'net whoop ass on this guy.

-L.

Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,alt.home.repair

cybercat wrote:
It must such being a little fat guy with a tiny little pecker.

That's got to be tough, taking 28 years of that. Look at
his posting history, all he does is harass people in the
religious groups, the football groups, and the Beatles
group.

But, in defence of fat little underendowed Filipina guys,
there are an awful lot of them, and Benedict is the only
one I see spending most of his time harassing people
on Usenet. Or maybe the others are just smart enough
not to lead us to their identities and pictures of their
families and friends, where they work, etc.

Bring it, simpleton. You don't know me. Period.