Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Clogged toilet drain

A friend of mine lives in a rental property. The toilet is in the
second floor bathroom. The toilet drains very, very slowly. And in
many cases needs pluging to get the waste down the drain.

As he tells me, plumber came out, and had the toilet off the base. He
(the tenant) could see that the drain line was clogged with
"crystals". I tried my closet auger, which did loosen up some dark
grey particles that came back into the bowl when I pulled out the
closet auger. Still drains slowly.

An internet search isn't being very useful. Not many web sites on
clearing crystal clogged soil pipe drains. The toilet is next to a
bath tub which does drain, probably rather slowly. And in the same
bathroom is a sink which does not drain at all.

Any ideas how to open up the toilet drain a bit? I'm thinking either a
longer snake (25 footer) through the toilet trap. Easier to do might
be pour some acid drain cleaner into the bath tub, or into the toilet
tank. Anyone had experience with that kind of clog, and what worked
for you?

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.