Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Clogged toilet drain

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

Any ideas how to open up the toilet drain a bit? I'm thinking either a
longer snake (25 footer) through the toilet trap. Easier to do might
be pour some acid drain cleaner into the bath tub, or into the toilet
tank. Anyone had experience with that kind of clog, and what worked
for you?

The plumber removed the toilet and yet did not clean the drain?

I'd rent a power auger. Most are 50' so you can get to where the clog
really is. I have no idea what the crystals may be. Pouring acid probably
will do nothing but cause irritation when you finally clean the drain the
right way. Acid has to sit on the clogging material to work properly and it
may never reach it.

Remove the toilet and use the auger. I'd also clear the tub and sink drains
too. They may not be the culprit today, but could be soon.