Posted to alt.home.repair

Default sand filter pressure

Hello: My pool water is really alkaline and I haven't been dilgent at
maintaining pH in the correct range. Suction was good enough to run my
baracuda pool cleaner. I swapped sand after only a year because the
pressure during backwash refused to drop adequately. Now bacwash
pressure is good and suction sucks! I think the inlet grids on the
filter are clogged from general debris and alkaline deposits. Do any
of you folks know a good method for acid washing the suction side of
the sand filter? The pipe run from the skimmer to the filter is about
50'. Your suggestions are most welcome.

Posted to alt.home.repair

ChillyWilly writes:

I think the inlet grids on the
filter are clogged from general debris and alkaline deposits.

Are you sure your replacement sand was the right mesh size population?
If too small, that would clog your grids.