DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/174755-re-day-life-joe-middle-class-republican.html)

Larry Bud September 4th 06 01:11 AM

TwistyCreek wrote:
A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

You forgot about the part where Joe pays 40% of his earnings to big
government in one form or another.

CJT September 4th 06 01:46 AM

Larry Bud wrote:

TwistyCreek wrote:

A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

You forgot about the part where Joe pays 40% of his earnings to big
government in one form or another.

.... and you forgot the part about how he uses twice the resources
he pays for.

[email protected] September 4th 06 03:50 AM

A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

citizens can no longer trust government to help when a disaster occurs.

just look at katrina.........

the NEXT are to get decimated by natural or man made (terrorist)
disaster might be yours:(

note insurance does NOT cover act of wars like terrorism......

so YOU might end up just like those poor folks of louisana who now have
NOTHING!

eventually people will tire of paying taxes getting little in return
while trillions get wasted on wars in other parts of the world.

Larry (Scratch) September 4th 06 03:54 AM

wrote:
citizens can no longer trust government to help when a disaster occurs.

just look at katrina.........

the NEXT are to get decimated by natural or man made (terrorist)
disaster might be yours:(

note insurance does NOT cover act of wars like terrorism......

so YOU might end up just like those poor folks of louisana who now have
NOTHING!

eventually people will tire of paying taxes getting little in return
while trillions get wasted on wars in other parts of the world.

Yeah, much better to fight the leftist enemy at home.

HeyBub September 4th 06 04:15 AM

wrote:
citizens can no longer trust government to help when a disaster
occurs.

Sure they can. The government worked swell when four hurricanes hit Florida.
Mississippi suffered more damage than New Orleans when Katrina hit, but is
doing okay. The difference in the governments of the three states has much
to do with competence and corruption. And, of course, political affiliation
but one's a consequence of the other.

just look at katrina.........

the NEXT are to get decimated by natural or man made (terrorist)
disaster might be yours:(

note insurance does NOT cover act of wars like terrorism......

so YOU might end up just like those poor folks of louisana who now
have NOTHING!

Uh, the "poor folks of Louisiana" had nothing to begin with -- except a
government dole. Most are actually better off in that they currently have
their "nothing" in areas where having "nothing" is unacceptable (i.e., Salt
Lake City, Houston, etc.). If you have "nothing," you starve. Better get to
work.

eventually people will tire of paying taxes getting little in return
while trillions get wasted on wars in other parts of the world.

Would you rather the trillions get wasted in wars here?

lein September 4th 06 04:38 AM

CJT wrote:
Larry Bud wrote:

TwistyCreek wrote:

A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

You forgot about the part where Joe pays 40% of his earnings to big
government in one form or another.

... and you forgot the part about how he uses twice the resources
he pays for.

true, since he's so dependent on the government.

Dave Christian September 4th 06 04:41 AM

A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

In article . com,
says...
TwistyCreek wrote:
A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

You forgot about the part where Joe pays 40% of his earnings to big
government in one form or another.

40%?!

I do pretty well and I don't pay anywhere NEAR 40%. That's including
income tax, state tax, sales tax, gasoline tax, property tax,
personal property tax, ...

You need a better financial advisor.

Don Homuth September 4th 06 05:11 AM

A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

On 3 Sep 2006 19:50:44 -0700, "
wrote:

citizens can no longer trust government to help when a disaster occurs.

just look at katrina.........

Well, not This government, clearly.

Bob September 4th 06 05:29 AM

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Uh, the "poor folks of Louisiana" had nothing to begin with -- except a
government dole. Most are actually better off in that they currently have
their "nothing" in areas where having "nothing" is unacceptable (i.e., Salt
Lake City, Houston, etc.). If you have "nothing," you starve. Better get to
work.

These people had jobs and nice homes in a wonderful city. Do you believe
everything Rush and Hannity tell you . Quit listening to republikan talking
points and start thinking for a change. I get really tired of this stupid
garbage.

Bob

catalpa September 4th 06 07:24 AM

A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

"Dave Christian" wrote in message
In article . com,
says...
TwistyCreek wrote:
A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

You forgot about the part where Joe pays 40% of his earnings to big
government in one form or another.

40%?!

I do pretty well and I don't pay anywhere NEAR 40%. That's including
income tax, state tax, sales tax, gasoline tax, property tax,
personal property tax, ...

You need a better financial advisor.

On a marginal basis it real simple to be over 40% with just two taxes:
federal income tax in the 25% bracket (starts at only $30,650 for a single
person in 2006) and total FICA tax of 15.3%. To hit 40% in taxes on total
income you only have to have income above $80,000 or so.

cor September 4th 06 10:05 AM

Larry Bud wrote:

TwistyCreek wrote:
A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

You forgot about the part where Joe pays 40% of his earnings to big
government in one form or another.

Thats what happens when your income is from a salary, not from business earnings or from capital gains.

cor September 4th 06 10:07 AM

TwistyCreek wrote:
A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

You forgot about the part where Joe pays 40% of his earnings to big
government in one form or another.

40%?!

I do pretty well and I don't pay anywhere NEAR 40%. That's including
income tax, state tax, sales tax, gasoline tax, property tax,
personal property tax, ...

You need a better financial advisor.

On a marginal basis it real simple to be over 40% with just two taxes:
federal income tax in the 25% bracket (starts at only $30,650 for a single
person in 2006) and total FICA tax of 15.3%. To hit 40% in taxes on total
income you only have to have income above $80,000 or so.

income from a salary.
Some people need to work less and spend time working and more time thinking.

RLM September 4th 06 02:37 PM

A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 22:15:25 -0500, HeyBub had his mother write:

wrote:
citizens can no longer trust government to help when a disaster
occurs.

Sure they can. The government worked swell when four hurricanes hit
Florida.

Bullcrap! I can still find FEMA tarps on roofs for you, from the day after
Hurricane Charlie hit.
That was before the four hurricanes your talking about. You need to get
out and about more.

Only thing government done was stick their collective head in the sand to
let the insurance companies rape the working class on homeowners insurance
by triple the premium and increase the deductable four fold. That is from
someone that never lost a shingle to any of the storms.

All Jeb Bush does his usual bilingual PR spots for the TV audience though.
More Bullcrap.

Hey bub, you don't know what you're talking about.

Guess how I'm voting?

I snipped the rest of your lieing drivel.

[email protected] September 4th 06 02:45 PM

A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

Saddam had ZERO to do with terrorism but is currently locked up.

While Bin Laden the addmitted mastermind of 9 11 is safe and well
somewhere, planning new attacks:(

I do admit Iraq is a wonderful training ground for terrorists, they
learn how to survive in a war zone, create improvised bombs while
winning the hears and minds of the local residents.

so please explain how Iraq REALLY keeps us safe?

Bob September 4th 06 02:59 PM

Bob wrote:

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Uh, the "poor folks of Louisiana" had nothing to begin with -- except a
government dole. Most are actually better off in that they currently have
their "nothing" in areas where having "nothing" is unacceptable (i.e., Salt
Lake City, Houston, etc.). If you have "nothing," you starve. Better get to
work.

These people had jobs and nice homes in a wonderful city. Do you believe
everything Rush and Hannity tell you . Quit listening to republikan talking
points and start thinking for a change. I get really tired of this stupid
garbage.

Bob

You're obviously NOT from the area affected. The people who had jobs
and nice homes have mostly recovered thru their own efforts. The
people HeyBub are referring to, correctly by the way, had nothing
before, and if given better homes than they had before the storm will
still have nothing but a roof over their heads.

Been there, lived there.
Another Bob.

[email protected] September 4th 06 03:20 PM

A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

soon EVERYONE will be drafted upon graduation from high school........

everyone will do a year or two in the national guard, to fight the next
war, assuming iraq one ever ends.

we will end up like israel where everyone is in the military.

soon young people will refuse to volunteer to be cannoin fodder.........

[email protected] September 4th 06 03:42 PM

A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

If the money and manpower that was used in Iraq had instead been used
to find bin laden we would have his head on a stick by now.......

we wasted a lot.

Iran is the real threat!

What shall we do invade them too? Sure we can invade but dont know how
to run a occupied country......

we have little international support for anything.......\

Bush has destroyed our countries reputation and did you see santorium
on tv yesterday?

He said Bush is doing a excellent job and so is rumsfield....

santorium musty be living in another reality!

HeyBub September 4th 06 03:50 PM

Bob wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
Uh, the "poor folks of Louisiana" had nothing to begin with --
except a government dole. Most are actually better off in that they
currently have their "nothing" in areas where having "nothing" is
unacceptable (i.e., Salt Lake City, Houston, etc.). If you have
"nothing," you starve. Better get to work.

These people had jobs and nice homes in a wonderful city. Do you
believe everything Rush and Hannity tell you . Quit listening to
republikan talking points and start thinking for a change. I get
really tired of this stupid garbage.

No, I believe my own eyes.

I'm in Houston. I had eight Katrinas living next door for the past year.
They have now gone elsewhere since their government-paid rent expired...
perhaps back to New Orleans(?).

Since my city accepted 150,000 evacuees from New Orleans, I have some
experience. Our homicide rate, after trending downward for the past decade,
increased 35% in the past year. (Houston police can pin 20% of the homicides
on Katrinas, either as victims or shooters). Other crimes usually associated
with squints (crack cocaine use, welfare fraud, auto theft, street gangs,
etc.) have similarily climbed. This is, however, a self-correcting problem
inasmuch as we don't put up with that ****. We kill the miscreants or put
them in jail with no bond - the exact opposite of the criminal justice
system in New Orleans.

On the other hand, a great number of Katrina evacuees have had their lives
turned around. They relocated to areas of the country where their prior
lifestyles and attitudes were simply unacceptable and they became productive
members of society. Look at the evacuee community in Duluth or Omaha or
Albany. You'll find unemployment down and school attendance up compared to
the dysfunctional New Orleans.

HeyBub September 4th 06 03:57 PM

wrote:
soon EVERYONE will be drafted upon graduation from high school........

everyone will do a year or two in the national guard, to fight the
next war, assuming iraq one ever ends.

If the Democrats have their way. Seemingly. They keep introducing bills in
the Congress for mandatory national service. Charlie Rangle's (D:NY) latest
attempt was shot down handily
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2004/roll494.xml )

we will end up like israel where everyone is in the military.

soon young people will refuse to volunteer to be cannoin
fodder.........

We don't have cannon fodder any more. Every general believes that the lowest
PFC is as expert in his job as the general is in his.

RLM September 4th 06 04:01 PM

On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 10:14:41 -0400, gfretwell wrote:

On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 13:37:02 GMT, RLM wrote:

Bullcrap! I can still find FEMA tarps on roofs for you, from the day after
Hurricane Charlie hit.

Since when is it the government's job to replace a roof?
FEMA gave them a tarp in an EMERGENCY. The homeowner still owns the
roof

My gripe is with insurance industry that government turns it's head for.
You knew that because you read the whole post.

Joe Williamson September 4th 06 04:04 PM

A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 20:11:56 -0400, Larry Bud
wrote:

TwistyCreek wrote:
A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

You forgot about the part where Joe pays 40% of his earnings to big
government in one form or another.

The whole notion that government does anything for people that people
couldn't do for themselves cheaper and better is the essential fallacy.

Government is essentially legalized banditry.

RLM September 4th 06 04:06 PM

A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 10:21:36 -0400, gfretwell wrote:

On 4 Sep 2006 06:45:35 -0700, "
wrote:

Saddam had ZERO to do with terrorism but is currently locked up.

Israrel would disagree with that. Saddam was paying the families of
suicide bombers who were blowing up Israelis.
We went to Iraq because of Israel, not the twin towers.
Remember the US soldiers throwing their bodies in front of scuds aimed
at Tel Aviv during the gulf war
We were trying to avoid a holy war between Israel and Islam. Well that
train left the station when they invaded Lebanon. It is time we came
home.

I never saw anything righteous with the war on Iraq but do agree with your
last line.

Guv BoB September 4th 06 04:22 PM

HEY DUMMASS!! TAKE ALT.APPALACHIAN OFF THIS THREAD!!

HEY DUMMASS!! TAKE ALT.APPALACHIAN OFF THIS THREAD!!

Steve B September 4th 06 05:27 PM

A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

"Bob" wrote

The
people HeyBub are referring to, correctly by the way, had nothing
before, and if given better homes than they had before the storm will
still have nothing but a roof over their heads.

Been there, lived there.
Another Bob.

And will tear the place up, and soon be living in the familiar slum
conditions they came from. There is no value in something that is free.

Steve

CJT September 4th 06 05:50 PM

Larry (Scratch) wrote:

wrote:

citizens can no longer trust government to help when a disaster occurs.

just look at katrina.........

the NEXT are to get decimated by natural or man made (terrorist)
disaster might be yours:(

note insurance does NOT cover act of wars like terrorism......

so YOU might end up just like those poor folks of louisana who now have
NOTHING!

eventually people will tire of paying taxes getting little in return
while trillions get wasted on wars in other parts of the world.

Yeah, much better to fight the leftist enemy at home.

The terrorists are about as right-wing as you can get.

NotX September 4th 06 05:59 PM

A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

wrote:

TwistyCreek wrote:
A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

You forgot about the part where Joe pays 40% of his earnings to big
government in one form or another.

The whole notion that government does anything for people that people
couldn't do for themselves cheaper and better is the essential fallacy.

Government is essentially legalized banditry.

I do think about that at tax time.

I wonder how many (government) drug addicts I'm supporting (how taxes
are being used).

"The government of the United States not, in any
sense, founded on the Christian religion."
-- GEORGE WASHINGTON--Treaty of Tripoli 1796

CJT September 4th 06 06:02 PM

HeyBub wrote:

wrote:

soon EVERYONE will be drafted upon graduation from high school........

everyone will do a year or two in the national guard, to fight the
next war, assuming iraq one ever ends.

If the Democrats have their way. Seemingly. They keep introducing bills in
the Congress for mandatory national service. Charlie Rangle's (D:NY) latest
attempt was shot down handily
http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2004/roll494.xml )

we will end up like israel where everyone is in the military.

soon young people will refuse to volunteer to be cannoin
fodder.........

We don't have cannon fodder any more. Every general believes that the lowest
PFC is as expert in his job as the general is in his.

The Commander-In_Chief seems to be an exception.

CJT September 4th 06 06:04 PM

Joe Williamson wrote:

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 20:11:56 -0400, Larry Bud
wrote:

snip
Government is essentially legalized banditry.

That's been true for almost six years now.

Baxter September 4th 06 06:15 PM

A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

-
Free software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com

wrote:

TwistyCreek wrote:
A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

You forgot about the part where Joe pays 40% of his earnings to big
government in one form or another.

The whole notion that government does anything for people that people
couldn't do for themselves cheaper and better is the essential fallacy.

Government is essentially legalized banditry.

When taken over by people like you and Bush, that's true.

Goedjn September 4th 06 06:20 PM

A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

On 3 Sep 2006 20:38:12 -0700, "lein"
wrote:

CJT wrote:
Larry Bud wrote:

TwistyCreek wrote:

A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

You forgot about the part where Joe pays 40% of his earnings to big
government in one form or another.

... and you forgot the part about how he uses twice the resources
he pays for.

true, since he's so dependent on the government.

I wanna see that math.
Not a summation of the resources, just
how many of these middle class people there
are multiplied by this twice the resources,
divided by the total resources available.

SMS September 4th 06 06:23 PM

A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

Dave Christian wrote:
In article . com,
says...
TwistyCreek wrote:
A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

You forgot about the part where Joe pays 40% of his earnings to big
government in one form or another.

40%?!

I do pretty well and I don't pay anywhere NEAR 40%. That's including
income tax, state tax, sales tax, gasoline tax, property tax,
personal property tax, ...

You need a better financial advisor.

Many people mistakenly look at their highest bracket, rather than their
average taxes, and come up with the 40% number. Combining state,
federal, property, sales, gasoline, etc., a family making $100,000 in
California will pay around 26% in combined taxes, assuming they have a
mortgage deduction.

Actually a bargain, considering how much it would cost if each person
provided their own personal road system, police and fire protection,
schools, universities, defense, etc.

lein September 4th 06 06:25 PM

cor wrote:
Larry Bud wrote:

TwistyCreek wrote:
A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

You forgot about the part where Joe pays 40% of his earnings to big
government in one form or another.

Thats what happens when your income is from a salary, not from business earnings or from capital gains.

true, without business earnings and investment from capital gains,
Joe's unemployed and living under an overpass.

Bob September 4th 06 06:55 PM

Baxter wrote:

The whole notion that government does anything for people that people
couldn't do for themselves cheaper and better is the essential fallacy.

Government is essentially legalized banditry.

When taken over by people like you and Bush, that's true.

Bush has little to do with it. All politicians take from the middle
class, and depending which party is in control, give it to either the
rich or the poor. The rich and the poor do all the bitching about not
getting their share while the middle class get screwed no matter who is
in power.

Bob

Joe Williamson September 4th 06 07:58 PM

On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 13:04:03 -0400, CJT wrote:

Joe Williamson wrote:

On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 20:11:56 -0400, Larry Bud
wrote:
snip
Government is essentially legalized banditry.

That's been true for almost six years now.

The more I think about it, the more I think it's been true since the dawn
of time.

Bob September 4th 06 08:44 PM

wrote:
Saddam had ZERO to do with terrorism but is currently locked up.

Wrong! Saddam had a LOT to do with terrorism, but it was against his
own people, not us.

However we cannot be a universal police force for the whole world. We
cannot fight every every battle that needs fighting. And we cannot
fight wars that cannot be won - we have not won a war since WWII. We
will not win a war against worldwide terrorism by expecting third world
scum to fight according to our civilized rules. Until our politicians
realize that, we need to keep our troups home.

Baxter September 4th 06 09:29 PM

A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

-
Free software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com

"lein" wrote in message
oups.com...

cor wrote:
Larry Bud wrote:

TwistyCreek wrote:
A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

You forgot about the part where Joe pays 40% of his earnings to big
government in one form or another.

Thats what happens when your income is from a salary, not from business

earnings or from capital gains.

true, without business earnings and investment from capital gains,
Joe's unemployed and living under an overpass.

Actually, real wages were higher back when taxes on the rich were higher.

What you're ignoring is that while profits have been rising, wages have been
declining.

Baxter September 4th 06 09:34 PM

A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

-
Free software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com

"Bob" wrote in message
oups.com...

Baxter wrote:

The whole notion that government does anything for people that people
couldn't do for themselves cheaper and better is the essential

fallacy.

Government is essentially legalized banditry.

When taken over by people like you and Bush, that's true.

Bush has little to do with it.

Bush has a lot to do with it. Poverty has increased since he took office.
Real wages have also dropped. "Profits" have skyrocketed.

All politicians take from the middle
class,

No, not really. Some do help the middle class.

and depending which party is in control, give it to either the
rich or the poor. The rich and the poor do all the bitching about not
getting their share while the middle class get screwed no matter who is
in power.

The Rethuglicans have actually set up a mechanism for enriching themselves
and their friends. The possible Dem takeover of power is especially
threatening to them (the Rethugs) because it would end, or at least slow,
the cash flow.

Bob September 5th 06 12:29 AM

A Day in the Life of Joe Middle-Class Republican

Baxter wrote:

Bush has little to do with it.

Bush has a lot to do with it.

Same old Republican/Democrat issues that will never change! This
country is on the road to a larger division than the Iraqi Suni/****te
civil war. We are way overdue for a third party that can pull this
country back together again. (and it's not the Libertarians).

Bob

HeyBub September 5th 06 12:31 AM

wrote:
If the money and manpower that was used in Iraq had instead been used
to find bin laden we would have his head on a stick by now.......

No political decision has EVER (really) been made because of the allocation
of funds. If we want something badly enough, we'll find a way to pay for it.

we wasted a lot.

Iran is the real threat!

I agree. Plus North Korea. As Bush said, many years ago, "... the axis of
evil."

What shall we do invade them too? Sure we can invade but dont know how
to run a occupied country......

We know how. We did it in Germany and Japan. It's just that too many pussies
want us to "pull out" before we climax. You can't introduce a new member of
the family of nations that way.

we have little international support for anything.......

Maybe you can help. I've never understood who REALLY gives a **** whether
the rest of the world approves. And why is that important. Do you know why?

Bush has destroyed our countries reputation and did you see santorium
on tv yesterday?

Didn't see the senator. And who cares what our reputation is and why is that
important?

He said Bush is doing a excellent job and so is rumsfield....

santorium musty be living in another reality!

Hmm. On the other hand, he IS closer to the situation than you or I.