Posted to alt.home.repair

Default what would YOU do about this glue

I have a little project going on

Im trying to restore concrete porch stoop and stairs

they are covered in old outdoor carpet glue

OLD GLUE

I bought 6 gallons of Adhesive Remover from Lowes, @ $25.00 a gallon
whew

it works great! it makes the glue soft and I can scrape it right off...

EXCEPT for the stairs... they are more porous and the scraper just
sorta cuts the now mushy glue...but "peels" the glue from the
pits....(tiny tiny pits.. you know...)

when I scrape an area it sorta looks fuzzy... something like that..
it won't lift it from the pores, even though the glue in the pores is
soft too...

now.. a wire brush and LOTS of remover make's it look nice... but
that's too much stripper to buy

I got them down where if I painted.. it would look very nice..

however! after my customer seen her old porch again... she wants to
take it down to the bone and not paint it... or she would LIKE to...

so! that's cool.. but how can I get all the glue off..

you think sandblasting might work? If so...

would you reccommend a hopper type or a closed container type...

the latter being more aggressive...

do you think sandblasting will work?

what about muriatic acid?

do you think sandblasting might be too agressive.. etc..

Thanks for any ideas

NO AL BUNDY'S PLEASE

YEAH YOU! BUNDY! THAT'S RIGHT

YOU'D PROBABLY USE EZ OFF OVEN CLEANER WOULDNTCHA!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Could you get the glue soft then press cheesecloth into it let it
harden then peel it off? Sort of like waxing woman's legs? The other
suggestion would be dry ice and see if it will pop out?

yeeha wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

wayne wrote:
Could you get the glue soft then press cheesecloth into it let it
harden then peel it off? Sort of like waxing woman's legs? The other
suggestion would be dry ice and see if it will pop out?

hey good idea, that might work! (with the cheese cloth)

hmmm

that just might work

Posted to alt.home.repair

Pressure washing @ 3000psi with a zero degree "rotating tip" will
remove this....and anything else from concrete (including the surface
if your not carefull)

yeeha wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

"yeeha" wrote in news:1156606097.845405.20490
@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

[...]

Bigbadbarry! Where the hell have you been? Have missed your warped sense
of humor.

YOU'D PROBABLY USE EZ OFF OVEN CLEANER WOULDNTCHA!

Also too expensive. Throw clams on the stoop. Dump Chickens (aka
Seagulls) will flock on it and chow. And of course, gulls ****, **** and
then ****. **** while they fly, **** while they sleep, **** when they
eat. Seagull **** will strip barnacles off rock that have been on there
for decades.

It pays to Know Your Birds Barry.

Al...

Posted to alt.home.repair

wayne wrote:
Could you get the glue soft then press cheesecloth into it let it
harden then peel it off? Sort of like waxing woman's legs? The other
suggestion would be dry ice and see if it will pop out?

it would be my luck the cloth would ALSO become permanent to the porch
there I would stand explaining to my customer how that happened

Posted to alt.home.repair

oh i've been over at alt.pinktea making fun of old rich women

YOU'D PROBABLY USE EZ OFF OVEN CLEANER WOULDNTCHA!

Also too expensive. Throw clams on the stoop. Dump Chickens (aka
Seagulls) will flock on it and chow. And of course, gulls ****, **** and
then ****. **** while they fly, **** while they sleep, **** when they
eat. Seagull **** will strip barnacles off rock that have been on there
for decades.

It pays to Know Your Birds Barry.

Al...

aww shhhitty cry
chicken livers all over the porch THE HELL YOU DOIN SON?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

"yeeha" wrote in message

I bought 6 gallons of Adhesive Remover from Lowes, @ $25.00 a gallon
whew

it works great! it makes the glue soft and I can scrape it right off...

EXCEPT for the stairs... they are more porous and the scraper just
sorta cuts the now mushy glue...but "peels" the glue from the
pits....(tiny tiny pits.. you know...)

when I scrape an area it sorta looks fuzzy... something like that..
it won't lift it from the pores, even though the glue in the pores is
soft too...

now.. a wire brush and LOTS of remover make's it look nice... but
that's too much stripper to buy

I'd try the remover, and pressure wash it off. Just my thoughts, I haven't
actually tested this. Just don't blast the surface off the concrete.

Bob