Posted to alt.home.repair

Default reroofing my Mansard w/flat roof

I recently contracted a roofing company to strip, repair decking, and
reroof our 100 year old home with the Mansard roof. We have a very high
pitch, and the flat roof on top isn't that large. However, after
stripping, repairing and replacing all the shingles on the hip and porch
roofs, the roofers left with only tar paper on the flat roof with a metal
strip tacked around over the singles about 6-8" down the hip sides. They
informed us they would send someone out to finish up the roof. When
finally someone did return, they put the rolled roofing down, then put
metal flashing along all the sides of where the flat roof meets the hip
sides on the top. It looks tacky, and is not the best job of placement
either. The rest of the roof looks really good with the shingles, but
this just looks tacky. Where the flat roof meets the hip sides of a
Mansard roof, is there suppose to be flashing nailed over the rolled
roofing and the shingles? it is not what I expected at all. Thanks for
your input

Kt

Kt
Posted to alt.home.repair

oldhomeowner wrote:
Where the flat roof meets the hip sides of a
Mansard roof, is there suppose to be flashing nailed over the rolled
roofing and the shingles?

Well, I think you need to have *something* there, so it's prolly ok...

--

zidarea u67804

Mansard roof material choices, replacement [email protected] Home Repair 5 April 16th 06 01:13 PM
Pitch and gravel roof? Terry UK diy 3 February 25th 04 02:43 PM
Pitch and gravel roof? Terry Home Repair 3 February 25th 04 02:43 PM