Posted to alt.home.repair

Default As Seen On TV

Ultimate Ladder

The 8 in 1 ladder.

http://rapidresponse.directtrack.com/z/28066/CD2024/

3 easy payments of $33.33 plus s & h.

Holds up to 300 lbs! Aircraft Grade ALuminum! Weighs only 25 lbs!

The Ultimate Ladder is 8 ladders in one, that is made of Aircraft Grade
Aluminum and can hold up to 300 lbs. It weighs only 25 lbs. and
conveniently folds down small, making storage a breeze. Order yours
below!

30-Day Money Back Guarantee.

http://rapidresponse.directtrack.com/z/28066/CD2024/

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Ultimate Ladder

The 8 in 1 ladder.

http://rapidresponse.directtrack.com/z/28066/CD2024/

3 easy payments of $33.33 plus s & h.

Holds up to 300 lbs! Aircraft Grade ALuminum! Weighs only 25 lbs!

The Ultimate Ladder is 8 ladders in one, that is made of Aircraft
Grade Aluminum and can hold up to 300 lbs. It weighs only 25 lbs. and
conveniently folds down small, making storage a breeze. Order yours
below!

30-Day Money Back Guarantee.

http://rapidresponse.directtrack.com/z/28066/CD2024/

I suggest the disadvantages of this kind of ladder before buying and
most important I would suggest buying from a known reliable source not a
SPAMER.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
z z is offline

Joseph Meehan wrote:
wrote:
Ultimate Ladder

The 8 in 1 ladder.

http://rapidresponse.directtrack.com/z/28066/CD2024/

3 easy payments of $33.33 plus s & h.

Holds up to 300 lbs! Aircraft Grade ALuminum! Weighs only 25 lbs!

The Ultimate Ladder is 8 ladders in one, that is made of Aircraft
Grade Aluminum and can hold up to 300 lbs. It weighs only 25 lbs. and
conveniently folds down small, making storage a breeze. Order yours
below!

30-Day Money Back Guarantee.

http://rapidresponse.directtrack.com/z/28066/CD2024/

I suggest the disadvantages of this kind of ladder before buying and
most important I would suggest buying from a known reliable source not a
SPAMER.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

That reminds me of some scary results from the latest Consumer Reports
where they test ladders.

"While there are no mandatory safety rules for consumer ladders,
manufacturers typically assign them maximum weight ratings from 200
pounds (Type III) to 300 pounds (Type IA) based on a voluntary standard
published by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). All the
ladders in our Ratings met that standard. But four stepladders we rated
have steps that bent under the higher weight we used to help account
for the stresses of climbing and weight-shifting."

TOUGHER STANDARDS NEEDED

Ladders must resist bending under step-load tests with weights up to
four times their weight rating as well as side-twisting tests as part
of meeting the ANSI standard. But some experts believe that the
standard falls short.

Harold Stillman, who chaired the ANSI task force that most extensively
revised ladder standards, notes that side-stability tests haven't
been substantially updated since 1980. "The tests provide an easy out
for manufacturers--they can stick with old designs that easily pass."

James Glancey, associate professor of mechanical engineering at the
University of Delaware, sees a common theme in many ladder-injury
trials on which he has consulted. "By far, the most common failure is
where one of the side rails bends inward right below the lowest
step," he says.

Glancey says that spotting such side-rail failure would require a
dynamic test not currently included in the standard. An ANSI-compliant
ladder, he says, "should pass more realistic dynamic loading in more
than one direction at a time."

The American Ladder Institute, the industry's major trade group,
recently attributed the high number of ladder injuries mostly to misuse
and improper selection. Yet the Consumer Product Safety Commission
questions that claim. "While we think that those are primary factors,
we have no hard data to say that for certain," says Scott J. Wolfson,
a CPSC spokesman. "That information comes from no CPSC study that I
know of."

Consumers Union, publisher of Consumer Reports, believes that meeting
ladder safety standards should be mandatory, a position the American
Ladder Institute's Ron Pietrzak endorses, and should include updated
tests. We also believe that the four existing ANSI consumer-weight
classifications are troublesome because it's hard to predict who will
use a ladder and how. Instead, we advocate one rating for consumer
ladders to meet Type IA standards. "While that may mean more weight
and fewer bargain-priced ladders, the added margin of safety is worth
it," says Don Mays, senior director for product safety at Consumers
Union.

Posted to alt.home.repair

z wrote:
Joseph Meehan wrote:

That reminds me of some scary results from the latest Consumer Reports
where they test ladders.

Yea, I read that last week.

--
Joseph Meehan