Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Default fridge filter light won't reset

I've got a one year old Whirlpool Gold fridge. The indicator for
replacing the water filter flipped to red a few days ago and the taste
of the water was getting a bit coppery(?) so I went and bought a new
filter and plugged it in.

The water coming out now tastes fine, but I can't get the indicator to
press and hold, it blinks green a few times but stays red. I've
experimented with holding varying amounts of time, but no luck.

Anybody have any ideas? This isn't worth calling a repairman, but it
would be nice to see the green.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Oh pshaw, on Tue 15 Aug 2006 06:45:50p, meant to say...

I've got a one year old Whirlpool Gold fridge. The indicator for
replacing the water filter flipped to red a few days ago and the taste
of the water was getting a bit coppery(?) so I went and bought a new
filter and plugged it in.

The water coming out now tastes fine, but I can't get the indicator to
press and hold, it blinks green a few times but stays red. I've
experimented with holding varying amounts of time, but no luck.

Anybody have any ideas? This isn't worth calling a repairman, but it
would be nice to see the green.

Did you read the owner's manual for details?

--
Wayne Boatwright

Tact is for weenies.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
Oh pshaw, on Tue 15 Aug 2006 06:45:50p, meant to say...

I've got a one year old Whirlpool Gold fridge. The indicator for
replacing the water filter flipped to red a few days ago and the taste
of the water was getting a bit coppery(?) so I went and bought a new
filter and plugged it in.

The water coming out now tastes fine, but I can't get the indicator to
press and hold, it blinks green a few times but stays red. I've
experimented with holding varying amounts of time, but no luck.

Anybody have any ideas? This isn't worth calling a repairman, but it
would be nice to see the green.

Did you read the owner's manual for details?

Yeah, but it didn't have anything useful.

In fact, it's got about two sentences on the indicator light, and it's
not a question that appears under the trouble shooting section.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Oh pshaw, on Tue 15 Aug 2006 07:11:13p, meant to say...

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
Oh pshaw, on Tue 15 Aug 2006 06:45:50p, meant to say...

I've got a one year old Whirlpool Gold fridge. The indicator for
replacing the water filter flipped to red a few days ago and the taste
of the water was getting a bit coppery(?) so I went and bought a new
filter and plugged it in.

The water coming out now tastes fine, but I can't get the indicator to
press and hold, it blinks green a few times but stays red. I've
experimented with holding varying amounts of time, but no luck.

Anybody have any ideas? This isn't worth calling a repairman, but it
would be nice to see the green.

Did you read the owner's manual for details?

Yeah, but it didn't have anything useful.

In fact, it's got about two sentences on the indicator light, and it's
not a question that appears under the trouble shooting section.

Bummer. I had a Whirlpool with that feature 3-4 years ago in another
house. I can't recall the details, but never had a problem with the reset.
Sounds like it could be a defect. Obviously, the filter works
independently from the indicator light, which is really just a timer
indicator. It doesn't really measure water usage. Is it still under
warranty?

--
Wayne Boatwright

Tact is for weenies.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
Oh pshaw, on Tue 15 Aug 2006 06:45:50p, meant to say...

I've got a one year old Whirlpool Gold fridge. The indicator for
replacing the water filter flipped to red a few days ago and the taste
of the water was getting a bit coppery(?) so I went and bought a new
filter and plugged it in.

The water coming out now tastes fine, but I can't get the indicator to
press and hold, it blinks green a few times but stays red. I've
experimented with holding varying amounts of time, but no luck.

Anybody have any ideas? This isn't worth calling a repairman, but it
would be nice to see the green.

Did you read the owner's manual for details?

Yeah, but it didn't have anything useful.

In fact, it's got about two sentences on the indicator light, and it's
not a question that appears under the trouble shooting section.

Oh, one other thing to try. Unplug the fridge and let it stand without
power for 20-30 minutes. See if it resets itself or can be reset by
holding in after that.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Tact is for weenies.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

wrote in message
ups.com...
I've got a one year old Whirlpool Gold fridge. The indicator for
replacing the water filter flipped to red a few days ago and the taste
of the water was getting a bit coppery(?) so I went and bought a new
filter and plugged it in.

The water coming out now tastes fine, but I can't get the indicator to
press and hold, it blinks green a few times but stays red. I've
experimented with holding varying amounts of time, but no luck.

Anybody have any ideas? This isn't worth calling a repairman, but it
would be nice to see the green.

While probably a differant system, mine says to press and release the button
5 times within 10 seconds.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

wrote in message
ups.com...

The water coming out now tastes fine, but I can't get the indicator to
press and hold, it blinks green a few times but stays red.

Are you completely sure it's supposed to be "press and hold"? To reset the
light on our fridge (KitchenAid, made by Whirlpool), you press the door
switch five times quickly. Can't hurt to try that, at any rate.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
v v is offline

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 14:50:45 GMT, someone wrote:

... you press the door
switch five times quickly. Can't hurt to try that, at any rate.

While standing on tiptoe and wearing a tutu. And don't forget it has
to be under a full moon too......

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
Oh pshaw, on Tue 15 Aug 2006 06:45:50p, meant to say...

I've got a one year old Whirlpool Gold fridge. The indicator for
replacing the water filter flipped to red a few days ago and the taste
of the water was getting a bit coppery(?) so I went and bought a new
filter and plugged it in.

The water coming out now tastes fine, but I can't get the indicator to
press and hold, it blinks green a few times but stays red. I've
experimented with holding varying amounts of time, but no luck.

Anybody have any ideas? This isn't worth calling a repairman, but it
would be nice to see the green.

Call wirlpool customer no-service and ask them. The number should be in
the instruction book. Have the model number handy when you call.

--
Rich Greenberg N Ft Myers, FL, USA richgr atsign panix.com + 1 239 543 1353
Canines:Val, Red & Shasta (RIP),Red, Zero & Casey, Siberians Owner:Chinook-L

Kenmore Refrigerator Water Filter Light Forever Green Naugahyde Home Repair 17 December 20th 17 07:34 PM
Kenmore fridge...can't install new filter! wxman Home Repair 2 March 27th 06 12:30 AM
Changing a light bulb on R.C.M Tom Gardner Metalworking 24 June 6th 04 12:58 AM
O-T light bulb Fuddzy Woodworking 2 January 15th 04 04:43 PM
Light Bulb Stormin Mormonn Home Repair 19 December 10th 03 03:28 AM