Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Plastic bubble and corrugate surround for basement window wells

I am having trouble locating good dealers to supply the above item
(Lowe's seems to carry just one size).

We have several old-fashioned awning-style windows let into our
concrete foundation that are relatively close to grade.

I would like to dig out a shallow well around the foundation, surround
with a steel corrugate semicircle, fill with gravel, and then cover
with a plexiglass or polycarbonate bubble.

Despite multiple tries at google, I haven't found many dealers of such
on the Internet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

"blueman" wrote in message

Despite multiple tries at google, I haven't found many dealers of such
on the Internet.

Any suggestions?

Try a real building supply house or lumberyard. Sometimes Lowes and Google
are not the answer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

i did just this same project about 2 months ago. Home Depot sells the
corrugated surround (Lowe's did not). The covers I could find at
either or. The Home Depot that carried it was in RI (if that makes any
difference).

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"blueman" wrote in message

Despite multiple tries at google, I haven't found many dealers of such
on the Internet.

Any suggestions?

Try a real building supply house or lumberyard. Sometimes Lowes and Google
are not the answer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 15:23:15 GMT, blueman wrotF:

I am having trouble locating good dealers to supply the above item
(Lowe's seems to carry just one size).

We have several old-fashioned awning-style windows let into our
concrete foundation that are relatively close to grade.

I would like to dig out a shallow well around the foundation, surround
with a steel corrugate semicircle, fill with gravel, and then cover
with a plexiglass or polycarbonate bubble.

Despite multiple tries at google, I haven't found many dealers of such
on the Internet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Maybe you could build your own out of PT lumber. It could be
rectangular or with a little creativity, a more attractive shape. Fill
it with white granite pebbles. I've seen some bubbles made for
rectangular shaped surrounds.