Posted to alt.home.repair
rcf rcf is offline

Default Indoor Spa Help Please

For about a month we have a new 20 x 24 foot glass sunroom with a
seperate a/c and 350 gallon Keys Backyard (from Costco) Spa with
ozonator. We started with Bromine but find the smell to be
unacceptable. Attempting to pull the odor out of the room with a box
fan doesn't help very much.

We are currently draining the spa and looking for another solution.
Our objectives a
no offensive smell,
healthy environment for people,
no advese effects on the room, indoor/outdoor carpet, and furniture,
and finally ease of use (as little maintenance as possible).

We don't mind draining the spa every 60 to 120 days.

Cost is a consideration, but not as important as the other items stated
above.

I've surfed the web and see no clear cut answer. I've seen posts from
people that love and hate Baqua Spa, Nature 2, Ozonators, UV, etc.,
etc, etc. I've seen posts from people that love and hate indoor spas
in general. I realize that there is no single solution for all
circumstances.

I would most appreciate your recommendations and the sharing of your
experiences.
If we decide to go with Baqua Spa, do we want to continue to use the
ozonator?

Posted to alt.home.repair

We started with Bromine but find the smell to be unacceptable.

Some find chlorine (1" tabs in a floater) to be less irritating than bromine

Posted to alt.home.repair

Rudy wrote:
We started with Bromine but find the smell to be unacceptable.

Some find chlorine (1" tabs in a floater) to be less irritating than bromine

I've used bromine in an indoor spa for years with no fan and neither I
nor anyone else found the odor to be a problem. Which is why bromine
is most widely used. It gives off less odor than chlorine. The odor
that is there becomes greater if the level is set too high. Are you
sure you are testing and adjusting it correctly?

Posted to alt.home.repair
rcf rcf is offline

Can anyone share their experiences with Baqua Spa or Nature 2?

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

rcf wrote:
Can anyone share their experiences with Baqua Spa or Nature 2?

Thanks

I have a Nature2 sanitizer for my 26,000 gal. 18" x 36" in-ground pool.
It works great for the pool. I don't know about using it in a spa (I
don't have one).

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY