Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 4" centermount bathroom faucet and clearance

i bought a wall mount sink:
http://mail.google.com/mail/?view=pa...3aefa1e251b2c1
its has 2 and 7/8 iches from the center of the mounting holes to the
wall.

i'm concerned about the room for the handles to turn and for me to fit
my fat hand in between the wall and handle.

here are the handles i'm looking at:
http://www.fixturesdirect.com/displa...rice%20Pfister
this has a base width of 2 and 3/32nds inches.

according to my math that means i have 1 and 53/64ths from the bottom
base of the faucet to the wall.

i've looked all over but can't find anything about the recommended
clearance for these handles or how far they turn in degrees. 90 degrees
would be ideal. does anyone know if there is trade term for this, or a
standard?

much thanks.

btw, from my online search i like price pfister for simple classic
designs. don't know about how they ware.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Chris Porro Email List wrote:

i bought a wall mount sink:
(deleted link to Mail)
its has 2 and 7/8 iches from the center of the mounting holes to the
wall.

i'm concerned about the room for the handles to turn and for me to fit
my fat hand in between the wall and handle.

here are the handles i'm looking at:
http://www.fixturesdirect.com/displa...rice%20Pfister
this has a base width of 2 and 3/32nds inches.

according to my math that means i have 1 and 53/64ths from the bottom
base of the faucet to the wall.

i've looked all over but can't find anything about the recommended
clearance for these handles or how far they turn in degrees. 90 degrees
would be ideal. does anyone know if there is trade term for this, or a
standard?

much thanks.

btw, from my online search i like price pfister for simple classic
designs. don't know about how they ware.

Almost all decent faucet designs today use cartridges
which have 1/4 turn as standard. The lever/bat handle you
chose should have no clearance problems.

Price-Pfister is highly respected.

http://www.pricepfister.com/website/...uctcatalog.asp

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

thanks jim. 1/4 turn is 90 degrees? i'll assume yes... can't think of
another way to see it. and price pfister is good quality? excellent.
release hounds!

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Price-Pfister is highly respected.

http://www.pricepfister.com/website/...uctcatalog.asp

Jim

Not in my house. I've had two different installations, a bath set that
lasted maybe four years and their elaborate kitchen sink/sprayer type
that made 18 months. Brass castings corroded to unusability. Back to
Kohler products and no more wated time and money. I've found Delta
stuff in the my youngster's houses easy to repair and decent
durability.

Joe