Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Painting Prressure Treated wood...?

Anything special needed to paint fresh pressure treated lumber?

Wife wants the structure I am building to look pretty... no other
comments...

Bob G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bob G. wrote:
Anything special needed to paint fresh pressure treated lumber?

Wife wants the structure I am building to look pretty... no other
comments...

Bob G.

I just googled 'painting pressure treated wood' and it seemed to come
up with a bunch of hits, didn't check them all but it seemed like some
may answer your question.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stain it, but only after it dries, fresh pressure treat can take 6
months to dry, get a 20$ moisture meter so you dont guess. A solid stain
looks like paint.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 13:02:13 -0400, Bob G.
wrote:

Anything special needed to paint fresh pressure treated lumber?

Wife wants the structure I am building to look pretty... no other
comments...

Bob G.

Patience is needed to allow the wood to dry. If painted wet for sure
it will peel. When dry, prime, then paint. Much better than paint,
use stain.