Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Finishing a basement stairway

I would like some ideas on finishing a basement stairway. The stairs are
pine and not in that good of a condition. I don't want to put down
carpeting but don't know if I want to paint them either. Aside from
replacing the stairs with oak or another wood, is there something out
there I can buy to put over the stairs? If I have to paint them, what is
the process? Thanks for your help.
Posted to alt.home.repair

whyntnw wrote:
I would like some ideas on finishing a basement stairway. The stairs are
pine and not in that good of a condition. I don't want to put down
carpeting but don't know if I want to paint them either. Aside from
replacing the stairs with oak or another wood, is there something out
there I can buy to put over the stairs? If I have to paint them, what is
the process? Thanks for your help.

they make vinyl stair tread covers. they are mostly for commecial
situations, but would work well on basement stairs. try a large
lumberyard, not HD or Lowes.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"whyntnw" wrote in message
news:d7fd44c47927e2ac7f21056cfabd3b31@homerepairli ve.com...
I would like some ideas on finishing a basement stairway. The stairs are
pine and not in that good of a condition. I don't want to put down
carpeting but don't know if I want to paint them either. Aside from
replacing the stairs with oak or another wood, is there something out
there I can buy to put over the stairs? If I have to paint them, what is
the process? Thanks for your help.

You can use laminate. The better brands have specific trim for the nose.
www.wilsonart.com www.mannington.com

If you want to paint them, the process is cleaning, then brushing on a good
floor paint.

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/pro...FQNsNAodKjeu9A

--
Have a Great Week !

Check Winter Haven's Current Weather
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/...er+Haven+33881
"whyntnw" wrote in message
news:d7fd44c47927e2ac7f21056cfabd3b31@homerepairli ve.com...
I would like some ideas on finishing a basement stairway. The stairs are
pine and not in that good of a condition. I don't want to put down
carpeting but don't know if I want to paint them either. Aside from
replacing the stairs with oak or another wood, is there something out
there I can buy to put over the stairs? If I have to paint them, what is
the process? Thanks for your help.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for your help everyone. I have some great ideas