Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ceiling Fan Balancing

I recently purchased and installed two Hunter SeaAir ceiling fans.
Both have considerable wobble at high speed. I tried using weights as
described in the instructions to no avail. I removed the blades and
weighed them on a postage scale. They were the same, 312 g. I measured
the angle of the blade brackets and found one a little higher and one a
little lowqer than the other three. I adjusted so all are equal and
reinstalled them. The blades still wobble. What can I do?

Posted to alt.home.repair
sym sym is offline

cedavis wrote:
I recently purchased and installed two Hunter SeaAir ceiling fans.
Both have considerable wobble at high speed. I tried using weights as
described in the instructions to no avail. I removed the blades and
weighed them on a postage scale. They were the same, 312 g. I measured
the angle of the blade brackets and found one a little higher and one a
little lowqer than the other three. I adjusted so all are equal and
reinstalled them. The blades still wobble. What can I do?

is it a 4 blade? if so get used to the wobble.
5 blade take it back hunters have always worked pretty good for me, not
always wobble free but nothing that bad yet.
perhaps you just got a couple bad ones,or a bad style

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 3 Aug 2006 19:02:51 -0700, "cedavis"
wrote:

I recently purchased and installed two Hunter SeaAir ceiling fans.
Both have considerable wobble at high speed. I tried using weights as
described in the instructions to no avail. I removed the blades and
weighed them on a postage scale. They were the same, 312 g. I measured
the angle of the blade brackets and found one a little higher and one a
little lowqer than the other three. I adjusted so all are equal and
reinstalled them. The blades still wobble. What can I do?

Turn the fan on high and let the outer edge of the fan blades hit a
crayon.
Stop the fan and find the blade with the most crayon on it and put
your weights on the opposite blade.
Do it again, and again and again moving the weights in and out on the
opposite blade.

..

Balancing a ceiling fan Chris UK diy 4 June 24th 06 07:49 AM
Need Help With Insulating Ceiling Of Enclosed Porch Josh B. Home Repair 1 May 15th 06 11:40 AM
Insulating a drop ceiling... bremen68 Woodworking 5 May 7th 06 09:35 PM
Ceiling Fan Steve Home Repair 0 August 7th 05 05:59 PM
Detecting Insulation in Ceiling and Walls Paul Home Repair 6 August 18th 03 05:59 PM