Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Whirlpool Washing Machine Troubles

Everything seems to be working fine; however, when cycle is complete
clothes are still completely soaked. I've checked during the spin cycle
on several occasions and it appears that the motor is running, but the
agitator is not moving. The other strange thing is that this doesn't
exist with every load and we are having trouble identifying when it
happens most frequently. Please help, thanks!!

The Haynes Family
Posted to alt.home.repair

shaynes0411 wrote:
Everything seems to be working fine; however, when cycle is complete
clothes are still completely soaked. I've checked during the spin cycle
on several occasions and it appears that the motor is running, but the
agitator is not moving. The other strange thing is that this doesn't
exist with every load and we are having trouble identifying when it
happens most frequently. Please help, thanks!!

The Haynes Family

Hi,
If it has filter? Spin speed is incorrect(intermittent)?
Posted to alt.home.repair

I am basing this answer on your washer being a direct drive model.
This cover 95% of all top load Whirlpool machines made since around
'85.

If your washer drains but doesn't spin or agitate, then it is probably
the motor coupler.

If it doesn't drain, and there is no motor sound during drain cycle,
then it could be the lid switch.

If it does spin but doesn't drain completely, check for a kinked drain
hose.

If it does agitate, but you have an intermittent no-spin condition,
here are some ideas:
1. Something between basket and outer tub.
2. Clutch problem.
3. Drive block has fallen down basket drive. Symptom: large gap
between agitator and basket bottom. Both parts would need to be
replaced.
4. One or more of the 3 screws that hold gearcase to tub support has
fallen out. This causes basket drive to bind intermittently.

kms kuba sewing machinery Home Repair 0 April 27th 06 09:16 AM
kms kuba sewing machinery UK diy 0 April 5th 06 09:19 AM
kms kuba sewing machinery UK diy 0 April 5th 06 09:19 AM
kms kuba sewing machinery Metalworking 0 April 3rd 06 12:45 PM
sewing machinery sedatkzyk UK diy 0 March 21st 06 12:53 PM