Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Admiral

Admiral Range/Stove/Oven
Model Number 68458780

My oven is not that old. When I moved into the house the oven would
only heat to about 250 degrees. I replaced the clock control and
everything works like a champ.

BUT after a while of working I now have the darn buzzer beeping (of
course at about 3 AM everynight). I am getting an f1 error code.
Everything on the oven, range, touchpad, etc works fine.

I did the following

-1 = Either the Electronic Range Control (ERC or clock control) or the
touch pad is bad.

Use this test to find out which part is bad:

- Disconnect power to the range.
- Gain access to the back of the ERC.
- Unplug the touch pad ribbon connector from the ERC.
- Make sure everything is clear and will not short out when power is
turned back on.
- Turn the power back on to the range.
- Watch for the F-1 and listen for the beep.
- If you get the F-1 and beep, replace the ERC.
- If after approximately 60 Minutes you do not get the F-1 fault,
replace the touch pad.

After 60 minutes I get no f1 fault so it sounds like the touch pad
(http://www.repairclinic.com/0081.asp?RccPartID=596545) But the darn
thing cost $222. (This is not a knock on RepairClient. These guys are
great and I highly recommend them). But I have just suck almost $230
on replacing the clock about 10 months ago.

So I saw this post
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...4ef82a076e79f6
but I do not know what the outcome was.

I was thinking about disconnecting the darn speaker (instead of
dropping another $200 on this piece of trash oven). Is this safe?
Will the oven still work after it is disconnected?

Is the buzzer the gold, round disk with the red wire leading to it
(botton left, it kind of looks like an old computer real)?
http://www.repairclinic.com/dbimages...0/00203059.jpg

PLEASE HELP!! I need sleep!! Remember the good old days when
ovens/ranges lasted for 20 years.

Should I give up on this oven and go buy a new one?

-Kevin