Posted to alt.home.repair

Default burying wire

i need to run some underground wire. is thhn or thwn rated for direct
bury or will this have to be put in a conduit. i am running # 2 copper
wire

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Neither is for direct burial. There is a direct burial conductor that you
can get in #2 though. I'm thinking it's XHHW,or just possibly UF, but just
ask for direct burial #2 copper at an electrical supply. I do think UF cable
is made in #2 as well

wrote in message
oups.com...
i need to run some underground wire. is thhn or thwn rated for direct
bury or will this have to be put in a conduit. i am running # 2 copper
wire

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

I found it:
Use-RHH-RHW

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
Neither is for direct burial. There is a direct burial conductor that you
can get in #2 though. I'm thinking it's XHHW,or just possibly UF, but just
ask for direct burial #2 copper at an electrical supply. I do think UF
cable is made in #2 as well

wrote in message
oups.com...
i need to run some underground wire. is thhn or thwn rated for direct
bury or will this have to be put in a conduit. i am running # 2 copper
wire

Posted to alt.home.repair

RBM (remove this) wrote:
Neither is for direct burial. There is a direct burial conductor that you
can get in #2 though. I'm thinking it's XHHW,or just possibly UF, but just
ask for direct burial #2 copper at an electrical supply. I do think UF cable
is made in #2 as well

wrote in message
oups.com...
i need to run some underground wire. is thhn or thwn rated for direct
bury or will this have to be put in a conduit. i am running # 2 copper
wire

you want # 2 USE2........ its underground service entrance cable....

go to an electrical supply house...tell them what you want to do...they
will sell you the correct wire.

wire is ultra expensive now......bet that number 2 is going to cost a
bundle.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote:

Neither is for direct burial. There is a direct burial conductor that you
can get in #2 though. I'm thinking it's XHHW,or just possibly UF, but just
ask for direct burial #2 copper at an electrical supply. I do think UF cable
is made in #2 as well

wrote in message
oups.com...
i need to run some underground wire. is thhn or thwn rated for direct
bury or will this have to be put in a conduit. i am running # 2 copper
wire

I've buried a lot of wire, and I wish I had used conduit. Conduit makes
repair/additions much easier. You will eventually wish you had spent
the extra money and used conduit.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/
Posted to alt.home.repair

in the morning and see what they have. this is going to be a 200 ft run
to a sub panel i will have to use 3 wire with ground and with the cost
of copper i dont want to have to do it a second time.thanks for the
help scott

with a 200 foot run go to a much heavier conductor even if planned
loads are low like lights.

one day you may want to use say a circular saw and a 200 foot run is so
lossy it will effect saw performance.

with copper so pricey this will cost a fortune

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default burying wire Holler Butt

Tekkie® wrote:
posted for all of us...
I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

in the morning and see what they have. this is going to be a 200 ft run
to a sub panel i will have to use 3 wire with ground and with the cost
of copper i dont want to have to do it a second time.thanks for the
help scott

with a 200 foot run go to a much heavier conductor even if planned
loads are low like lights.

one day you may want to use say a circular saw and a 200 foot run is so
lossy it will effect saw performance.

with copper so pricey this will cost a fortune

DO NOT LISTEN TO HOLLER BUTT - he adds nothing but trouble.
--
Tekkie

Tekkie whats your trouble? I offer good solid advice like going to a
heavier conductor for a longer run, line loss for 200 feet can cause
troubles with a heavy load like a power saw
I am a board moderator at another site have been for years. you are
the kind of poster who just likes causing hassles for the heck of it.
if you dont like my advice then debate it.

lets say the OP wants 20 amps at his shed 200 feet away. is 12 gauge
wire heavy enough when using a heavy load like a power saw? or will the
saw bog down on knots or overheat?

I tend to be conserative, if your going to all the work to dig 200 feet
might as well do the job right do it once and then relax.

Cutting corners just leads to more work.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 21:32:21 -0400, Tekkie®
wrote:

posted for all of us...
I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

Tekkie whats your trouble? I offer good solid advice like going to a
heavier conductor for a longer run, line loss for 200 feet can cause
troubles with a heavy load like a power saw

The wire size has been discussed many posts ago by you and others. You have
added NOTHING by restating your opinions again.

Of course he added something. He gave his opinions to a different OP
who probably didn't read the thread "many posts ago".

I believe you just like to see
yourself post for some gratification....

That seems true of you.

I am a board moderator at another site have been for years. you are
the kind of poster who just likes causing hassles for the heck of it.
if you dont like my advice then debate it.

Whoopee do!! What site? Probably alt.i.short.breakers.out.to.test.them

I do debate you - I post reason and facts

The last two times I've seen you insult hallerb you haven't posted any
reasons or facts. That includes this thread.

and you post ignorance and opinions
presented as facts. When I question; you divert the subjects or ignore me.

Have you read your first answer to hallerb in this thread? You didn't
question, you just insutlted.

Now I see you have enlisted aid in your rebuttal by having someone else make
some circular reference which bit him in the butt. It's getting more
interesting = why don't you just reply to my other posts? WITH FACTS, not
conjecture.

iron wire WIND Metalworking 0 April 19th 06 09:54 AM
Does coating stranded copper wire with solder cause any issues or break any codes? Harry Muscle Home Repair 173 February 16th 06 12:27 AM
Repairing Lightning Damaged Tv's CJ Electronics Repair 20 June 22nd 04 06:03 AM
Bond all grounds together? Minnie Bannister Home Repair 23 March 16th 04 06:31 PM
replacing old non-grounded (2 prong) electric receptacles David Jensen Home Repair 27 August 26th 03 12:14 AM