Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gas stove no longer ignites

My Whirlpool gas range has small igniters in every burner (like pretty much
every gas stove does these days).

When I take the iron cover off the burner, I can see the ignition spark
happening---it just doesn't ignite anything (of course I mean with the cover
back on). It used to work a little if I blew air under the pot, but now it
doesn't work at all.

Where's the body buried here? Are the igniters not firing off enough
current, or is the gas venturing through the chisel marks in the burner
properly?

The one that has failed is the one that I almost always use....so usage is
playing a part here. But a spark *is* happening. Perhaps not enough of
one? I tried cleaning the ignition point itself with no luck.

Thanks!!

--
Onedoctortoanother:"Ifthisismyrectalthermometer,wh erethehell'smypen???"

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thomas G. Marshall wrote:
My Whirlpool gas range has small igniters in every burner (like pretty much
every gas stove does these days).

When I take the iron cover off the burner, I can see the ignition spark
happening---it just doesn't ignite anything (of course I mean with the cover
back on). It used to work a little if I blew air under the pot, but now it
doesn't work at all.

Where's the body buried here? Are the igniters not firing off enough
current, or is the gas venturing through the chisel marks in the burner
properly?

The one that has failed is the one that I almost always use....so usage is
playing a part here. But a spark *is* happening. Perhaps not enough of
one? I tried cleaning the ignition point itself with no luck.

Thanks!!

Hi,

Something that might help...

http://www.applianceaid.com/help_spark_moduals.html

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thomas G. Marshall wrote:
My Whirlpool gas range has small igniters in every burner (like pretty much
every gas stove does these days).

When I take the iron cover off the burner, I can see the ignition spark
happening---it just doesn't ignite anything (of course I mean with the cover
back on). It used to work a little if I blew air under the pot, but now it
doesn't work at all.

Where's the body buried here? Are the igniters not firing off enough
current, or is the gas venturing through the chisel marks in the burner
properly?

The one that has failed is the one that I almost always use....so usage is
playing a part here. But a spark *is* happening. Perhaps not enough of
one? I tried cleaning the ignition point itself with no luck.

Thanks!!

I would say the "gas venturing through chisel marks" is your problem.
Clean them well and clear them using piece of wire if necessary.

--
Onedoctortoanother:"Ifthisismyrectalthermometer,wh erethehell'smypen???"

Posted to alt.home.repair

Get one of these.....
http://www.riteshopper.com/product140.html