Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why 13x13 tiles?

Hi,

Some brands (e.g. Daltile) have 6x6 and 13x13 tiles, while most others
offer 12x12. I'm a little bit confused by their choice of sizes since I
imagine 6x6 and 12x12 aligning perfectly (with twice the grout for the
larger tiles). But how would 6x6 and 13x13 align?

I'm assuming here that perfect alignment is a desired aesthetic
feature. Would you agree with that?

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron Fude

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

Some brands (e.g. Daltile) have 6x6 and 13x13 tiles, while most others
offer 12x12. I'm a little bit confused by their choice of sizes since I
imagine 6x6 and 12x12 aligning perfectly (with twice the grout for the
larger tiles). But how would 6x6 and 13x13 align?

I'm assuming here that perfect alignment is a desired aesthetic
feature. Would you agree with that?

Many thanks in advance!

Aaron Fude

Due to variations in actual tile .. I doubt that you could get two 6" to
actually consistantly line-up with a 12" anyway.
I would even guess that two 12" from different manufacturers wouldn't
exactly line-up.

Mike