Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default Driving over septic system

Steve wrote:

I once heard you can't drive over any part of the septic system. What
he plans to do it to use ground protection mats to create a path to
the tree. He says it is not good to drive directly over the tanks,
but it would be fine to go over the pipes using these mats. In
particular this would be the pipe between the house and the tank (not
the leach fields). I estimate the pipe is buried only about a foot
and a half. He says that because of the round shape it can take a
great deal of pressure without breaking.

I used the 10" round black plastic pipe (very similar to septic pipe)
as drain pipe under my drive. It's buried about 16" deep. Then I had
loggers cut 20 acres of pine on the back of my property. They drove 18
wheelers loaded with logs across the drain pipe in the drive and never
damaged it. So yea, that round pipe can take a lot of pressure.

Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

get a estimate on a new septic system then decide if the savings are
worth the risk.

Alternative Septic System Solutions BettyM Home Repair 7 October 25th 05 07:48 PM
Septic System Help Joe Home Repair 8 October 19th 05 03:23 PM
Septic system field line problems [email protected] Home Repair 0 January 13th 05 11:51 AM
more fun with air conditioning J Jensen Home Repair 93 September 7th 04 10:39 AM